How many trick or theaters do you get?

Guts

How many trick or theaters do you get? I buy 300 tootsie pops and turn off the porch light when I run out of tootsie pops. I have had this house for twenty years and have always given tootsie pops out on Halloween. I could go thru 400 easy, if I bought more... I draw the line at 300 trick-or treaters...

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
LOL I give out Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, the fewer the better because the leftovers are my one and only sweet craving.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I give out the variety pack with Reese's peanut butter cups, whoppers, almond joy, mounds, kitkats and hershey bars. I buy 2 of the 120 count bags and hand out a couple of candy bars to each kid. When they're gone, they're gone...any leftovers, DH takes in his lunch.

Leni

It varies from year to year. We give the kids a choice between a dollar or a candy. It is very interesting to see them try to decide what they want. The younger ones usually go for the candy and the older ones for the cash. However a few years back we had a little one in a stroller who yelled 'woller'. We decided that she's going to be on Wall Street someday.

goatherder

zero, nada, ziltch, lol, we have lived here since 1975 but have yet to get out first trick of treater......but I still buy the candy:D

FooD

Zero, Ziltch, Nada.

We live at the top of a short, but very steep hill and seems like the kids are too lazy to make the pilgrimage to the top. In the 20 years we've lived here we've had ZERO trick or treaters visit us.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
We live out in the Styx, and only the close neighbor kids will come by. So 3 - 4 at most....if that.

mhend

We usually get around 20 or so. One of us usually stays home to hand out candy and the other takes the kids around the neighborhood.

GotGarlic

I'm sure we get 100 or more. We live in an old neighborhood in a small city. The light goes off when we run out or at 8 p.m., when city regs say trick or treating ends, whichever comes first. We also get the variety pack.

buckytom

Grill Master
we get somewhere between 100 and 150 kids. some years more. most are polite, or at least have parents that remind them to say thank you.

i occasionally have to tell the 17 or 18 year old high school kids to get a life when they try to stop off and get candy on their way home from school. facial hair plus no costume equals no candy.

the other people i object to are the parents that have to carry their infants to the door to trick or treat. gimme a break, the baby isn't even eating solid food yet, but they still want their grub.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, when I'm home, we get between 50 and 75 kids. But I often go someplace for grown-up fun for Halloween (this year it's Provincetown).

If QBro is home alone, he shuts off the lights and puts a sign on the front door, saying "Sorry, we have the flu!" :rolleyes:

Lee

K

Kimchee

Sadly, we don't get any either. Live in a mature neighborhood with few kids.
Which is really depressing, because i LOVE to decorate for Halloween, just LOVE to.
Sighhhhhh

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sadly, we don't get any either. Live in a mature neighborhood with few kids.
Which is really depressing, because i LOVE to decorate for Halloween, just LOVE to.
Sighhhhhh

My neighborhood is HAPPILY like yours, Kimchee, but since it's a beautiful complex of 200+ townhouses, people drive their kids to it for Halloween. It's a safe jackpot for them.

I am not a kid fan, but I decorate anyway, just because I love decorations for different calendar events myself!

Go right ahead and decorate for YOU, Kimchee!

Lee

abi_csi

We used to get about 10, now we get loads. They get sweets,lollies, chocolate. When I was younger people soemtimes gave us an apple,that was upsetting ;)