Help! I have cauliflower and bok choy

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I would like to make a casserole, using these ingredients and whatever other ingredients you think would make a good dinner/lunch dish, either an entree or a side dish.

I am open to any and all suggestions, as long as they aren't too spicy hot!

TIA :tiphat:

Lee

thegrindre

Cauliflower Casserole

A cauliflower casserole recipe with white sauce and Parmesan cheese.
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Ingredients:

1 large cauliflower, broken into flowerets
6 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Preparation:
Cook cauliflower in boiling salted water until just crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain cauliflower and transfer to a lightly buttered 1 1/2-quart baking dish.

In a small saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter; blend in flour and salt. Stir until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring until sauce is thickened and smooth, for about 3 minutes. Stir in mustard. Pour sauce over cauliflower in casserole.

Melt remaining butter in a medium saucepan; add bread crumbs and toss to coat. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over casserole then top with buttered bread crumbs. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes, or until bubbly and browned.

Copied from, About.com.

Enjoy!
:)

Leni

My family loves this one, even the kids.

Nuke the cauliflower until tender.

Mix together Best Foods mayonaise and mustard to taste, enough to cover the cauliflower.

Shred enough cheddar cheese to cover the top of the cauliflower.

Top the cauliflower with the mustard mixture and then top with the cheese.

Put the cauliflower into the oven at 350 until the cheese is melted.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
These are terrific suggestions, and they give me something to work with!

Thank you!

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
"Meatloaf surprise" (steam whole cauliflower till just tender, then mold your favorite meatloaf on top and around the whole cauliflower but not on the bottom, place on rack or broiler pan to drain fat as it cooks, cook as normal meatloaf) and do the bok choy as a veggie side. You posted a recipe awhile back for bok choy or stir fry it.

meatloaf-surprisw-1-20-10-2.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL! Peep!

I am going to make that dish this coming Halloween! Brilliant! Maybe I'll have a party where everyone has to come dressed as brain surgeons! COOL!

Thanks for the idea!

Lee

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I would like to make a casserole, using these ingredients and whatever other ingredients you think would make a good dinner/lunch dish, either an entree or a side dish.

I am open to any and all suggestions, as long as they aren't too spicy hot!

TIA :tiphat:

Lee
Well, if you're open to ALL suggestions, I suggest putting those ingredients away grab a friend or relative, and head to Olive Garden for dinner. JMHO :corny::corny:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, if you're open to ALL suggestions, I suggest putting those ingredients away grab a friend or relative, and head to Olive Garden for dinner. JMHO :corny::corny:

LOL! Not a fan, huh, Joe? :laugh:

Well, I'm now thinking that I will roast the baby bok choy (garlic olive oil, salt and pepper) and will try one of the above suggestions with just the cauliflower.

Lee

thegrindre

I'm with Joe. I don't eat cooked cauliflower either but I do like it raw.
Same with cabbage. I like it raw but not cooked. Yuk!
I don't eat Italian food either. I'd suggest going to a Chinese restaurant, though. LOL

thegrindre

Hmmm, It's mostly all pasta and very fattening and I don't care for their mix of spices. It's all much too strong. They don't know the meaning of subtle.
Nope, I don't like Italian food.
I don't like lasagna, don't like spaghetti sauce and a pizza looks like somebody puked and a piece of flat bread.
Nope, don't like it. Yuk!

Mexican and Chinese is what I eat most everyday.