dinner sunday, 11/7

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
morning, guys! yins cooking yet, lol, @ 7:30- in the morning, lol.
dinner'll be........;
making my Mom a meatloaf 2 take w/ her, so i'll cook me a burger sans bread w/ a fried eg then make the other burger into her food.

Mr. Green Jeans

Yesterday was a work day. In the nursery biz in Orygun, you can't turn down a gift of 5 dry November days to harvest trees. That said, going for some comfort food and fuhball today. Brewing up a pot of Cincinnati style chili with all the toppings for those who dare to make a 5-way.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am planning to use the rest of the package of B/S chicken breasts not sure how with sides of homemade mac and cheese and chopped spinach. Thats the plan :wink:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I'm cooking from Franken Pantry V today...country pork ribs browned and then cooked with sauerkraut. Homemade applesauce.

Leni

That's a traditional German dish if you add caraway seed to it. It really gives the dish a nice flavor.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
morning, guys! yins cooking yet, lol, @ 7:30- in the morning, lol.
dinner'll be........;
making my Mom a meatloaf 2 take w/ her, so i'll cook me a burger sans bread w/ a fried eg then make the other burger into her food.

Oh yum! The burger and fried egg sounds good and I was almost gonna fix that last night but decided on the burger with mac and cheese and california blend.

It will probably be leftovers this eveng for DH and I'll more than likely have a bowl of cheerios with skim milk.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I just boiled/poached 4 b/s chicken breasts and will turn 2 into a quick chicken soup and use the other 2 for something else maybe salad.

FooD

I making baby clam miso soup and some steamed rice. Some warm J food on a cool evening.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
[quote-Leni]That's a traditional German dish if you add caraway seed to it. It really gives the dish a nice flavor. [/quote]

I know, I know...but I am constrained today by the ingredients in the Franken Pantry, so no caraway seeds. I browned the ribs, put the sauerkraut in the cast iron skillet, then layered some apples and a little sprinkle of brown sugar. Piled the ribs on top, covered tight, and it'll cook at 300F for about 4 hours. It smells SO good that I'll be ravenous before dinner, so I won't miss the caraway seeds...we're having company join us, so I am hoping it is good....

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Fran made turkey soup. Now the fridge is so full of food we'll be having leftovers for days.

Leni

I'm in the same situation as you are Buzzard. I doubt that we'll be able to eat it all before something goes. Besides we're getting tired of them. I'll do something with chicken tonight.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Homemade Chicken Soup

110710_chicken_soup.jpg