luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
your dinner shall be-

Last edited by a moderator:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have been feeling lousy for about 1 1/2 weeks. But I really want to do the Chinese challenge this week. So 2 days ago I asked hub to shop because well I just didn't feel like going out. He got everything but the most important ingredient - The MEAT!! LOL And I forgot to put 1 ingredient on the list also. Yesterday it was a beautiful day so we all went out and both ingredients were bought but we had a big lunch while out and a light dinner. I am shooting for Sub gum chicken chow mein and jasmine rice (maybe fried rice). I have high hopes as of now. LOL Have a great day everyone!!

PSSSST it's 11/6 sweetie.

Last edited by a moderator:

High Cheese

Saucier
I fired up the smoker, ribs and a small brisket. Fuel is Cowboy lump and apple chips. I used McCormick pork rub on the ribs and made a hodge-podge rub for the brisket. Mop is brown sugar, apple cider, apple jack liquor and clarified butter.

I'll get some cut pics later.

IMG_0156.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh gosh, that look so good, Jeeks. I can almost smell the wonderful aroma of the flavorful wood burning. Peeps, I hope your family pitches in today and helps...we are all looking forward to a picture of another one of your beautiful dinners. We just got home from an Amigos de Bucerias meeting (that's our local nonprofit community service group) and had a big breakfast there, so it is hard to think about food right now. I 'll do something with chicken, though. Maybe chicken fingers with fries...

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I fired up the smoker, ribs and a small brisket. Fuel is Cowboy lump and apple chips. I used McCormick pork rub on the ribs and made a hodge-podge rub for the brisket. Mop is brown sugar, apple cider, apple jack liquor and clarified butter.

I'll get some cut pics later.

Lookin' Good

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Lou and I are celebrating the restaurant tonight

First course is seared sea scallops on watercress with lemon aioli

Dinner is slow roasted rib eye with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed asparagus.

Not sure what the cocktail is, but I believe we're having a clos dubois merlot with dinner.

I'm making a pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting as soon as I get off the computer. (not to be mistaken with getting the computer off:tongue:)

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Sounds delicious, Vera. Isn't it interesting that those of us who love to prepare food end up celebrating by preparing a wonderful and comforting meal? You have both worked so hard. Congratulate yourselves and enjoy.

Leni

Probably a soup or stew of some kind. Yesterday it was in the 80's. The day before it was in the 90's. Today they are predicting rain for the late afternoon. Really weird weather for SoCal.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Cooksie said:
I want to eat at Vera's.

Me too! Do you suppose she and Lou would mind if we crashed their celebratory dinner. Sheesh - she's cooking a whole roast, right? Doesn't the pumpkin cake sound good?

Instead, we're having fried chicken breasts, coleslaw, mac and cheese and some green beans cooked with bacon. I think it'll be good, but not as good as what's being served at Vera's place.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I'm making a big pot of conch and clam chowder so that'll be our soup/veggie dish. In addition, I picked up a boneless pork loin Florentine from the Publix butcher that looks mighty good. I'll post some pix when it's ready to serve.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Conch and clam chowder and the the pork loin Florentine. Not too showy but very tasty. The clams were fresh out of the Gulf yesterday.

Attachments

• SDC12300.jpg
    SDC12300.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 89
  • SDC12302.jpg
    SDC12302.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 86
  • SDC12303.jpg
    SDC12303.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 95
K

Kimchee

Good looking grub, everyone!
Grilled a couple steaks, made a mushroom sauce for them, had some leftover wild rice and asparagus too.
(If you haven't noticed, I REALLY like mushrooms and do a lot of them as sauces and gravies!)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
OH LORD ALL those pictures have me drooling!! YUMMY good job everyone!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Homemade Subgum Chicken Chow Mein served with homemade fried rice.

110610_subgum_chicken_fried_rice.jpg

Topped with sliced almonds

110610_subgum_chicken_fried_rice_with_almonds.jpg

Fried rice

110610_fried_rice.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Good job, Peeps! And Buzz, that looks plenty showy to me. And also delicious. We ended up with pure comfort food: fried B/S chicken breast, gravy, mac and cheese, green beans and coleslaw. I think I finally found a way to make coleslaw that we both like. I'll post the recipe soon.

Attachments

• DSCF0630.jpg
    DSCF0630.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 91

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Karen!! Your dinner looks yummy!! I have been planning mac and cheese for about a week. Now I must make them soon!! LOL

Guts

You all did a fantastic, judging by the pictures. I spent most of the night making fresh spinach pasta again. It came out very well, I have to taste some for lunch tomorrow. Just snacking on leftovers tonight. Eat a real diner tomorrow night.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Never managed the asparagus or hollandaise..:heart::heart::heart:...but everything else was great

RedGravy125CampStreet097.jpg

RedGravy125CampStreet099.jpg

RedGravy125CampStreet098.jpg

RedGravy125CampStreet100.jpg