dining 11/2/10

LETHAL GTS

You find an old Ukrainian Bubba who has made about 15,000 of these things in her lifetime. Then you have her assemble them from scratch for you. Then all ya have to do is fry them with some onion and bacon. Brown up some butter pour over top and a dollop of sour cream.
My grandmother use to be the best at making these things. She had a special recipe for the dough. She would mix sour cream into the dough mixture, use sharp cheddar cheese, potatoes and dry cottage cheese some lightly fried onions for the contents.
They were so good, I could eat them raw.
Unfortunately when she passed, she took her recipe with her. :sad:

K

Kimchee

That would have been my grandmother. Oh well, I guess I'm stuck with the frozen ones...

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I have been looking up recipes for pierogis - that picture made me WANT some now. The recipes don't look too challenging, so I'll give it a try soon.

LETHAL GTS

It's not that difficult to make them, but the trick is making excellent ones (flavor). Most are kinda doughy tasting. The secret is the dough and not so much the filling. Up here in Manitoba Canada there are a lot of people who make them, but very few that make them real good. But hey give it a try, you maybe a natural. Post your results. Thanks.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i so luv pierogies. i converted 1 guy w/ making a beurre noisette 4 them~