dinner november 1st, 2010

Leni

Eggplant for DH and either ribs or fish and chips for DD and I. He will only eat eggplant when it has been dipped in egg and then bread crumbs and fried. Too bland for me.

K

Kimchee

Chicken breasts, stuffed with goat cheese and black olives, dusted with Greek seasoning, then baked. They will have a mushroom wine sauce, and be served with
wild rice, which will have asparagus and cherry tomatoes in it. And a side salad.

Leni

That's almost identical to my recipe. I use beaten egg instead of the mayo, and fry it instead of oven baking. That's all the difference there is. His mom started to oven bake the eggplant for him but he likes fried better. More crunch.

mhend

Everyone's dinners sound lovely! :)

Chicken soup...DH is making it. I've had a migraine for days now, so it needs to be easy on the stomach, and he makes a mean chicken noodle! :)

Leni

Ouch. How long do those things last? Hope it goes away soon.

I'm changing my mind. I want to watch Monday night football. Gotta be something quick and easy.

LETHAL GTS

Hmmm, trying to think of something to feed my kids tonight that doesn't take too long and I can pack in their little lunches for school tomorrow.
Help! LOL

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Everyone's dinner sounds really good! We're having a rerun of the chiles rellenos casserole I discovered a month or so ago. Hopefully I can get better pictures this time.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Tortilla Soup is on here. Need some comfort food. I busted my bumm today :bb: using a tiller to put in some azaleas. Probably won't do that again....way too much jerking around for me :ohmy:.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
We've had such a busy week, I'm worn out today...decided to send the mister down the street for tacos, and we'll have the chiles rellenos casserole tomorrow - didn't defrost the hamburger yet, fortunately. Guts- here's the link to the recipe: it is outstandingly yummy and I can't wait to make it again. I have four nice fat poblano chiles ready...http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16552

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
2010-11-01 17-07-29.002.jpg

Guts

Thanks Karen got it copied to favorites. I still haven't made the one I posted yet but have all the stuff to make it.

Making sour dough pizza with pastrami and onions tonight. oven preheating now.

Leni

The problem that I have is that I have every intention of doing something simple and easy but I keep thinking that little of this and some of that will make it taste so much better.

I bought some ground round and hot Italian sausage along with parsley and mushrooms. I also bought two jars of Bertolli's spaghetti sauce. I was just going to cook the meats and add the sauce. Well. It did make it a lot easier but I just had to add fresh mushrooms and fresh parsley. Then I always add a bay leaf so that went in also. Sigh.

DH came home with fresh broccoli which I am going to cook in evoo and add parmesan. Might add some fresly grated nutmeg. That adds a really nice flavor. God only knows what else I'll be doing. I guess I can classify as a compulsive cook. I know what I like and it just ain't simple.

Guts

Sour dough pizza with pastrami and onions

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 75

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
fried chicken breasts with a Dijon mustard sauce looks good Sass
Thank you Guts!
I should have pounded the chicken, but didn't.
As a result, I had to fry it longer than should have been.
I know it looks burnt, but it wasn't.
The sauce was a little mix of Gulden's, sour cream and tarragon.
I'll have the other one, sans the sauce on a kaiser roll tomorrow with swiss and mayo for lunch.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Look delicious, Sass. Nice noodles!
.. thank you too Karen.
Whole milk and parm with al dente (unintended) fettuccine.
So I had nearly burned chick boobs and stiff pasta.
You just don't do these things on purpose unless you are an impatient/distracted cook like I am at times.:lol: