luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
whatcha dining on this evening-

i'm figuring seafood poached in a tomato broth

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I'm thinking shrimp diablo. We have a little bit of leftovers, but I may save that for lunch tomorrow.

K

Kimchee

Pork chops browned in bacon grease :), then simmered in mushroom soup,
with some added onions and mushrooms. Served over egg noodles,
with the trusty garden salad on the side.

(For me, pork chops simmered in mushroom soup is a Sum is better than the Parts
flavor pairing.. just LOVE the gravy!)

mhend

It's gonna probably be take out tonight. Had a big limb crash onto the house this morning, so DH will be up there looking for damage. I haven't been home since the tornado outbreak started, but hopefully all is well.

Leni

I'll have to try the mushrooms. I saute pork chops and some onions in bacon drippings and then add water and fresh sage. It is covered and very slowly simmered until the meat is about to fall off the bone. While the chops are resting I make gravy. I usually serve German fried potatoes with this along with a salad.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh, all those pork chop plans are making me hungry! Mhend - surely do hope that ALL IS WELL with you and yours. Please let us know when you can.

I was planning dinner, but had a call from friends - "let's go to Tacos Itzel tonight!" Of course, we said YES, so no cooking tonight, which is good, since I'm cleaning house today in anticipation of a house guest for a few days, starting tomorrow. He loves to cook, so we'll be doing some fun cooking together, I'm sure.

Deelady

Hope you find no damage Mhend! We had tornado warnings all day as well, siren going off every couple mins...luckily nothing but wind and storms.

Karen we did the taco run for lunch today! :) I wanted cabeza but theey were out so I had asada and carnitas.....love this little place!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I hope everything is alright mhend.

All this talk about pork chops got to me. I wanted breakfast so, I ended up making boneless pork chops, eggs, hash browns, fried apples and biscuits. Now I need a nap.

Attachments

• dinner10262010.jpg
    dinner10262010.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 114

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Monday & Tuesday Nights I have classes. But tonight is special~
It is our Instructors (History of Rock & Roll) Birthday.

6pm-7-pm We are going to eat Pizza, then
from 7-8 review for Exam on next Tuesday night.
8-9. We are finishing our class at the Brew & Bites.
Damn- College can be hard!

mhend

Mama, your dinner looks delicious! Makes me want breakfast food!

Thanks everybody. There was no damage done to the house, thank goodness!

Deelady

Great news Mhend!!

Sounds rough Dan....;)

Mama looks like we both had a taste for hashbrowns tonight! But your whole meal looks scrumptious!!

We had Italian marinated thighs, o'brian potatoes and tomatoes.

Attachments

• food 402.jpg
    food 402.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 100

buckytom

Grill Master
dw made really good chicken fajitas, zatarain's mexican rice, and refried beans.

oh, and she made her very first guacamole which was excellent. we scoffed it down on sweet potato chips.

Leni

Glad to hear that there was no damage Mhend. Sorry to hear about the tornado warnings everyone. This may sound strange but I'll take earthquake country. Tornados happen every year and several times a year. The 'big one' happens only once in a great while. I was belly dancing for my uncles retirement party in Leawood Kansas when one of them went off. Scared the heck out of me. :eek:

Just so you know, the epicenter of the Northridge earthquake was actually in Reseda within a mile or so of the intersection of Wilbur and Saticoy streets. I live a mile and a half south of Saticoy and five houses west of Wilbur. It was like being in a Shake and Bake bag. :cry:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
We went out - a place called Francesco's in Sarasota. GREAT Italian food!

I had something new & different (for me at least) called Borsellini di Pera. It was described as: "Pasta Purses stuffed with Grana Padano, Parmigiano & Provolone cheeses and fresh pear. Tossed in a Marsala cream sauce with mushroom & peas." I loved the pear in there!

Deelady

Glad to hear that there was no damage Mhend. Sorry to hear about the tornado warnings everyone. This may sound strange but I'll take earthquake country. Tornados happen every year and several times a year. The 'big one' happens only once in a great while. I was belly dancing for my uncles retirement party in Leawood Kansas when one of them went off. Scared the heck out of me. :eek:

Just so you know, the epicenter of the Northridge earthquake was actually in Reseda within a mile or so of the intersection of Wilbur and Saticoy streets. I live a mile and a half south of Saticoy and five houses west of Wilbur. It was like being in a Shake and Bake bag. :cry:

I was in the same earthquake...we lived in Mission Hills bordering Northridge and I was burried in my bedroom and couldnt walk for a few days because my leg had been pinned and it was too swollen (was shocked it didn't break!) :( Also a family friend's apartment complex completely leveled and she had to be dug out.....I think I prefer tornados! lol at least we can run from them or know ahead of time! :tiphat:

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Pork chops browned in bacon grease :), then simmered in mushroom soup,
with some added onions and mushrooms. Served over egg noodles,
with the trusty garden salad on the side.

(For me, pork chops simmered in mushroom soup is a Sum is better than the Parts
flavor pairing.. just LOVE the gravy!)

OMG! that sounds absolutely delicious! try making it with Campbells Goldem Mushroom Soup. I'll bet that would taste wonderful. :)

Leni

I'm always seeing stories about the tornado that hits in the middle of the night or develops so fast that there isn't time for a warning. My house was built in 1952 and had no damage at all because it was flexible. Newer houses were built to be more ridgid. The contents were another matter but at least they weren't blown all over the county.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Quick chicken soup – cubed B/S chicken breast simmered in chicken stock till fully cooked. Chopped onion, celery, carrots, quartered mushroom caps and uncooked spaetzle added to the pot and simmered till veggies and spaetzle are cooked and tender.

102610_quick_chicken_soup.jpg