Cheeseburger In A Can - Imported From Germany

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I bumped into this on the Net…..a Cheeseburger In A Can! Who’d have thunk it?

It’s only sold in Germany, so I had to have this imported. I got two. One I will leave on the shelf with my other bizarre food collection such as my can of Spotted Dick from the UK. The other…….I’m going to eat it and give you, the faithful members of NCT, a report.

Wish me luck!

First off, to heat this up, the primary suggestion is to use a “bain-marie”. That is basically a double boiler. Since this burger is in a can, it is the top spot of a double boiler…..so all we need do is drop this can into boiling water for 10 minutes.

After 10 minutes in the boiling water, I pull it out and opened it.

I’m encouraged! It LOOKS like a burger! Amazing!!

I put it out on a plate, and then cut it into servings - there are several of us here waiting to try this.

So…….time to eat it!

OMGWTFBBQPKMN!!!!

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have a sick flea ridden Cow crap in your mouth? I’m pretty sure this closely emulates that!!!

The bread is actually a lot like bread. That is impressive. It was soft and flaky and the sesame seeds were a nice touch.

The rest? An apocalyptic tragedy.

The meat, if you can call it that, had the same texture as……..hmmmm……well, how I would imagine cork board would feel like in my mouth if I so chose to chew it.

The frightening part was the weird stuff on top of the “patty”. DW swears she saw a pickle, and there was red stuff that I think is supposed to be ketchup. Either that or the congealed and clotted blood of the worker that killed himself for having to make this.

And I never saw a freaking thing that looked like cheese! Maybe it was deconstructed cheese???

The taste is odd. The bread tastes like bread, but the patty and “toppings” taste unlike anything I’ve ever had. Kind of like formaldehyde, but not quite as bitter. A definite twang of vinegar which I’m supposing is supposed to be part of the ketchup or pickle?

Chewing through this isn’t unpleasant. It’s not squishy, but the patty is, as I said, something like cork board. Not tough, but oddly resistant. The after taste, especially after you exhale, puts you in the mind of being the first zombie on point to actually score some brains! But I imagine those brains were a bit tastier than this.

If you were stuck in the dessert with no help, about to die of hunger and dehydration, and were forced to drink your own urine, you’d probably welcome this as a palate cleanser between urine samples…..I think.

It wasn’t salty, or mushy, and it was not something I’d eagerly put in my mouth again. Funky isn’t strong enough to describe it. The bread isn’t bad at all…..but the rest……I think I’d rather lick a battery terminal before trying this again. At least the battery terminal has a little zip to it to cut through the monstrosity that this canned horror offered.

This has destroyed an adage for me. It’s often said that if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it is a duck. This thing LOOKED like a burger, and even SMELLED like a burger, but it tasted like a pickled turd. So much for those age old colloquialisms!

Ugh, I need a shot of something now….maybe kerosene or Super Unleaded???? :yum:

step1-81.jpg

step2-75.jpg

step3-68.jpg

step4-53.jpg

step5-44.jpg

step6-33.jpg

step7-27.jpg

step8-20.jpg

step9-13.jpg

Last edited:
K

Kimchee

I'd try it.. but I LIKE those convenience store heat and eat cheeseburgers...
Kudos for your bravery!!!!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I'd try it.. but I LIKE those convenience store heat and eat cheeseburgers...
Kudos for your bravery!!!!!

Oh, don't get me wrong, I actually like those too and have eaten tons of them. This is NOWHERE near close to that. This was almost nasty....some may call those corner store pre-wrapped burgers nasty, but I liked them.

But, since you brought it up......have you tried the new Doritos flavor of "Cheeseburger"? DW brought them home the other day, and when I ate the first one it SO reminded me of those corner store cooler aisle cheeseburgers (I grew up eating those things!). It's amazing actually. I'm a bit curious as to how Doritos was able to powder that flavor and get it on a chip! If you haven't tried them, then you must.....you will be floored!!! :thumb:

Attachments

• cbd.jpg
    cbd.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

You are the only person I know brave enough to try that!

I will only enjoy??? it vicariously through your report.

Thanks for the chuckle!:yum::yum::yum:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Should have been you're first clue, don't ya think? :yum:

Attachments

• donotleaveincan.jpg
    donotleaveincan.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 148

mhend

I love the part about avoiding direct sunlight too! :yum: Oh man, this was a good laugh to end the night on! Thanks, Keltin! :)

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh Keltin, you are our hero - to boldly go where no other NCT'er dares to go. Thanks for sharing that with all of us - it was hilarious and great fun.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've had those Doritos.. there is a definite hint of a grilled burger there, and a taste of ketchup and mustard. I like them.

K

Kimchee

I tried the cheeseburger Doritoes back when they were Mystery Flavor X-23 or something... they were OK. Might have to try another bag, see if they ramped up
the flavor.

A couple months ago, in PA or NJ, I saw a GREEN bag of Doritoes with some flavor
name that was vaguely oriental. Don't remember the flavor, possibly wasabi? Didn't
get a bag, haven't seen them since, wish I had....

So, where does one get a can of burger here in the states?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

It's not sold in the states unless you get lucky enough to find someone that has imported it and is selling it on eBay.

As far as I know, it's only sold in Germany. I've got a friend in Germany and had him grab two and then mail them to me. He thought I was crazy, but did it for me anyway! :lol:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
So, Keltin, I guess your decision to keep the second can in your weirdo bizarre collection was a good one. :yum:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
So, Keltin, I guess your decision to keep the second can in your weirdo bizarre collection was a good one. :yum:

Yeah, my taste buds contacted me in a dream last night and made it clear they are leaving if I try that again! :lol:

Hmmm, I need to look around for some canned fries to go with that burger, then I'll truly be ready for the apocalypse. I suppose I could just get an order of McDonalds fries and pour them into a mason jar….those things seem to last forever under a car seat, so they should do well in a sealed jar! :lol:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Did I miss the pics showing you actually taking a bite, chewing and swallowing?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Did I miss the pics showing you actually taking a bite, chewing and swallowing?

Yep. Just like I missed the pics of you and Vera (with Adillo I think) in that restaurant a few months back! :tongue:

I ate it, believe me. There's no way I went through the trouble of importing this from Germany and NOT actually take a bite. I ate ONE of those little wedges. The whole wedge. That was enough! :yum:

The other 5 pieces went to DW and some friends. DW didn't finish her piece, and Cricket refused to help her with it (even our dog wouldn't eat it). Our friend said it tasted like bologna (what kind of bologna has he been eating) and his 12 year old son ate TWO pieces and said he liked it. :w00t:

Our friend's dog got the last piece. He wasn't as picky as Cricket and actually ate it. :lol:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Yep. Just like I missed the pics of you and Vera (with Adillo I think) in that restaurant a few months back! :tongue:

I ate it, believe me. There's no way I went through the trouble of importing this from Germany and NOT actually taking a bite. I ate ONE of those little wedges. The whole wedge. That was enough! :yum:

The other 5 pieces went to DW and some friends. DW didn't finish her piece, and Cricket refused to help her with it (even our dog wouldn't eat it). Our friend said it tasted like bologna (what kind of bologna has he been eating) and his 12 year old son ate TWO pieces and said he liked it. :w00t:

Our friend's dog got the last piece. He wasn't as picky as Cricket and actually ate it. :lol:
That wasn't a dare for a reward bubba!! LOL There is a difference here. I think you need proof?

mhend

I believe you. That description was way too detailed for you not to have eaten it. I think it will be with me for a long time! LOL!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
That wasn't a dare for a reward bubba!! LOL There is a difference here. I think you need proof?

Actually, I don't want the reward - I was just trying to drum up interest and activity for Doc. If no one else does anything crazy and Doc says I win that, I'll ask him to make the Apron part of the 3rd place prize in my game contest. Mostly, I just wanted to share the wierdness. :lol:

But, uh, you wouldn't be calling me a liar now would you???? :w00t:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I tried the cheeseburger Doritoes back when they were Mystery Flavor X-23 or something... they were OK. Might have to try another bag, see if they ramped up
the flavor.

A couple months ago, in PA or NJ, I saw a GREEN bag of Doritoes with some flavor
name that was vaguely oriental. Don't remember the flavor, possibly wasabi? Didn't
get a bag, haven't seen them since, wish I had....

I think I saw the wasabi flavored doritos in a rest stop while traveling down to or back from FLA on vacation in July this year. Along with Pickle flavor sunflower seeds!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Actually, I don't want the reward - I was just trying to drum up interest and activity for Doc. If no one else does anything crazy and Doc says I win that, I'll ask him to make the Apron part of the 3rd place prize in my game contest. Mostly, I just wanted to share the wierdness. :lol:

But, uh, you wouldn't be calling me a liar now would you???? :w00t:
NO OF COURSE NOT!! I would have just liked to see your first reaction as it hit your taste buds. Sorta like those "Priceless" commercials. I have no doubt you did it but I thought the whole deal was to SEE someone do something like Doc said in his example
Doc said:
So if you say you'll video yourself dancing wildly to the Rolling Stones Honky Tonk Woman, then you'll have to produce that for all to see before you win. I hope that is clear and this is a fun way for someone to get their own NCT apron.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh, well since I don't want the Apron and am only trying to encourage other users to get creative, I guess I'm cool. So in the end, I guess it's not about the Apron at all, this is all about me and my Cheesburger In A Can. :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Oh, well since I don't want the Apron and am only trying to encourage other users to get creative, I guess I'm cool. So in the end, I guess it's not about the Apron at all, this is all about me and my Cheesburger In A Can. :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:
I still wish you had a pic. Did you do the shiver? Man someone had me try something once and it was so bad the SECOND it hit my tongue I spit it into a napkin and wiped my tongue. It was a good friend and I am so glad she didn't see me do that. It was rasberry brownies and something was bad rancid. YUCK!! The scene with Tom Hanks in Big comes to mind. I think your idea to regift the apron is a good one but don't you want it? I still think it was very brave of you to eat German meat in a can!! LOL Kudos for following through.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I still wish you had a pic. Did you do the shiver? Man someone had me try something once and it was so bad the SECOND it hit my tongue I spit it into a napkin and wiped my tongue. It was a good friend and I am so glad she didn't see me do that. It was rasberry brownies and something was bad rancid. YUCK!! The scene with Tom Hanks in Big comes to mind. I think your idea to regift the apron is a good one but don't you want it? I still think it was very brave of you to eat German meat in a can!! LOL Kudos for following through.

It was more of a into mouth, jaw moved for 2 chews, then stop and look around.

WTF is that!

But, not wanting to spit it out, I resumed chewing.

For the next bite, I dipped it in ketchup, and that sort of helped by putting a familiar taste in my mouth as a distraction. :lol:

As for the Apron, I’d honestly never wear it, and would much rather see it go out to someone that might. Not to mention it makes the 3rd place prize in my contest even more bountiful! :thumb:

But it’s all up to Doc in the end.

buckytom

Grill Master
your canned boigah sounds a lot like what you get at amusement parks. who knew that six flags imports them from germany? :puke1:

macht schnell mit der burger, inga. ich muss pinkein!

abi_csi

Really fab idea and thread starter and funny. The burger sounds revolting, but then I saw the pics and it didn't look as bad as I thought that it would.

vyapti

I loved your review. This is my favorite part:
Keltin said:
If you were stuck in the dessert with no help, about to die of hunger and dehydration, and were forced to drink your own urine, you’d probably welcome this as a palate cleanser between urine samples…..I think.