What's Cooking Sunday May 3 - Saturday May 9

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I WANT STEAK !!!

......... and I know just where to find one....

Welcome to Bristol Amish Market

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I got my Steak, but I paid dearly for it ....

T-bone... $15.99 Per #
Rib-Eye... $17.99
NY Strip... $18.99
Delmonico... $19.99
Filet Mignon... 26.99

Ground Beef $7.99 per #

Thing about this is, they are not affected by the meat shortage; they butcher their own..... Bu their prices are up about 20% from last week....

I chose the T-Bone...

IMG_3628.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I got my Steak, but I paid dearly for it ....

T-bone... $15.99 Per #
Rib-Eye... $17.99
NY Strip... $18.99
Delmonico... $19.99
Filet Mignon... 26.99

Ground Beef $7.99 per #

Thing about this is, they are not affected by the meat shortage; they butcher their own..... Bu their prices are up about 20% from last week....

I chose the T-Bone...

View attachment 36573
I paid $9.99 a pound yesterday for Fillet Mignon Steaks.
I bought 4 of them,

Embryodad

Forgetful me. Oh boy, I'm losing it lately.

I readied the burgers because I was wishing for one with tomato, and lettuce and onion....slathered with mayo. Ummm! So guess what? Tina grilled the burgers, and set them on the counter; so I could build a better burger. Well.... I forgot to put the burger on the bun. I grabbed another one, and ate it with no bun. :twak:

Tonight, we are forecast to have snow. Not a lot, but an inch would be a lot in this month.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I had canned green beans with butter and one slice of cheese pizza for dinner.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Feeling any better , Peeps ?

Tonight's Grilled T-Bone, Parsleyed Carrots, Roasted Turnips, and the Salad...

Steak, T-Bone, Roasted Turnips.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Banh mi pork meatball sammies with carrot/radish slaw and Sriracha mayo.

I made on the fly individual banana puddings with some bananas that were in the freezer for dessert. Browning the meringue now. Didn't have quite enough bananas, so I added some banana liqueur to the pudding.

Attachments

• 2020-05-07 18.03.00.jpg
    2020-05-07 18.03.00.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 2020-05-07 19.35.32.jpg
    2020-05-07 19.35.32.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Banh mi pork meatball sammies with carrot/radish slaw and Sriracha mayo.

I made on the fly individual banana puddings with some bananas that were in the freezer for dessert. Browning the meringue now. Didn't have quite enough bananas, so I added some banana liqueur to the pudding.

Pudding looks wonderful. Care to share the recipe?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Pudding looks wonderful. Care to share the recipe?

The Nilla wafer box recipe. I just added a good dollop of banana liqueur and about half a Tbsp of butter for half the recipe, using 2 egg yolks instead of 1.5. They were really good.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've never used this product before, but I'm giving it a shot tomorrow: Hursts Hambeen 15 bean soup. I rinsed the bag of beans, lots of grit, and have them soaking now. I'll put them in the crockpot early in the morning...at least I hope early.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I had a strange dinner - 6 of the meatballs I made the other day and DD also made nicely seasoned stir fried baby bok choy and mushrooms over jasmine rice.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight's Wings, Ninja -Fried, w/ BBQ Sauce, Air Fries, Cheesy Steamed Cauliflower and a salad...

Wings, Cheesy Cauliflower.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've never used this product before, but I'm giving it a shot tomorrow: Hursts Hambeen 15 bean soup. I rinsed the bag of beans, lots of grit, and have them soaking now. I'll put them in the crockpot early in the morning...at least I hope early.

I think that's the bean soup I used a few years back, Cooksie.
It was delicious.
I'll have to see if I can find the pictures on here.

My son Jeff came up to see me today because my Grandie Kasey went to Akron to visit her Grandpa Bob.
Anyway he asked if that ice cream stand by the river was still in business.
Yes!
So we went to Frosty Boy and got shredded bbq beef and chicken sandwiches with Dole Whips.
Expensive!
Had to maintain social distancing and come to the window when motioned, then could not eat on the premises.
We went down and parked by the river and had a car picnic.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Cuban corn and chicken pie with scratch black beans.

Attachments

• 2020-05-08 18.17.58.jpg
    2020-05-08 18.17.58.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 97

Embryodad

Had the leftover Moussaka. It tasted better today. IMO, anyway!
Tina was nursing her stomach today with Mylanta. She's got some issues when she eats anything oily or greasy.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

I think that's the bean soup I used a few years back, Cooksie.
It was delicious.
I'll have to see if I can find the pictures on here.

20200509_070012.jpg

20200509_065950.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Working both today and tomorrow 12 hour shifts.
I was told we're getting pizza and other food from who knows where?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Fish Sticks from the freezer tonight .... Mac 'n Cheese w/ Stewed Tomatoes, Veggie Mix...... at least , That's the plan...

Found the bean pics !

As you can see, I gussied mine up with Carrots & Bulk Italian Sausage...

Sixteen Bean Soup Prep.jpg

Sixteen Bean Soup with Seafood Salad.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DD ordered IHOP breakfast today because she's working tomorrow. I got pancakes with strawberry topping.

Hamburgers for dinner. I plan on putting ingredients in bread maker to make dough for rolls (other wise naked burgers on the plate).

If I have the umph today or tomorrow. I have fresh herbs, thin beef top round steaks, ground beef to make braciole, meatballs (I use a 1 TBSP. disher/scoop to make mini meatballs) and sauce. I will put some meatballs aside for wedding soup.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks LT and Sass for the pictures. Both versions look really good. Mine are simmering away. I added celery and carrots and am using ham. I just hope mine turn out as good as both of yours did.

I'm making some cornbread too. I like to cut a slice, slice it laterally down the center, put some butter on each side and toast it until it's all buttery and brown :wub:.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well my dough came out of the bread machine really wet. I almost chucked it in the garbage. But I just decided to work in some extra flour and knead it till it was workable. I have four 2 oz. rolls, four 4 oz. rolls and two half pound mini loaves rising. Hopefully they will turn out good.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight's Fish Sticks,Cocktail Sauce, Mac 'n Cheese with Stewed Tomatoes, Yam Medallions, and the Salad

Fish Sticks, Yam Medallions.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Tres quesos (3 cheese) stuffed eggplant with salsa escalivada and garlic allioli. This was really good, especially for a vegetarian dish.

Attachments

• 2020-05-09 18.12.27.jpg
    2020-05-09 18.12.27.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 88