What's For Dinner > Sunday March 8 - Saturday 14

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Well, my first thought was ; I receive in my e-mail the daily menu from my Diner of Choice.... Today, they are offering "Mac-n-Cheese - Stuffed Meat Loaf" .... I was all ready to go for that, then got lazy.........The China place is right on the corner, LOL

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We split a grilled ribeye, with sides of smashed potatoes and zucchini/yellow squash casserole. Craig opened the rest of the oysters he bought yesterday and has pic of that.

Attachments

• 2020-03-11 18.34.00.jpg
    2020-03-11 18.34.00.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 143

Embryodad

Chicken soup 2 1/2 days old. Potato pancakes.

Tuna, and egg salad sandwiches for tomorrow ( Or later snack )

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I’m boiling the bones, skin, meat and other leftover bits from a rotisserie chicken. Nothing but salt added.

Not sure what I will do with it.

Dinner will be corned beef or macaroni and cheese with tuna and peas. Unless DD wants something else.

DD 2 feels a bit better. Fever is gone for now. Just a sore throat.

I still have chest congestion and my nose is red and raw around the sides and bottom.
DD 1 and hub are ok for now.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I’m boiling the bones, skin, meat and other leftover bits from a rotisserie chicken. Nothing but salt added.

Not sure what I will do with it.

Dinner will be corned beef or macaroni and cheese with tuna and peas. Unless DD wants something else.

DD 2 feels a bit better. Fever is gone for now. Just a sore throat.

I still have chest congestion and my nose is red and raw around the sides and bottom.
DD 1 and hub are ok for now.

I spoke to soon. She has 101 fever.

Embryodad

Feel better wish for the family.

As far as the boiled bones, chill it, and skim off the fat, but leave a little; and heat it to sip as a broth. We believe it's good medicine.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Feel better wish for the family.

As far as the boiled bones, chill it, and skim off the fat, but leave a little; and heat it to sip as a broth. We believe it's good medicine.

Thank you Jimmy.

I think I will strain the broth and shred the meat. Then add carrot, celery heart and onion to it. Maybe add some egg noodles or brown rice. Top with fresh grated cheese.

Embryodad

Tina is shopping for her uncle at ShopRite supermarket in West Orange NJ, and the registers ( like 30 ) were all filled and the lines were down the isles.
Toilet paper and diapers were wiped out.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
From the Grill ;
Ahi Tuna Steaks under a Mandarin Orange/Ginger Drizzle, Butternut Squash Medallions, Steamed French Green Beans.... Side Salad from a bag (Spring Mix !!)

Ahi, Grilled, Butternut Medaillions.jpg

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
turned out quite 'licious.
steelhead chunks, pan fried, oven finished, steamed aspergrass (kid's term...), rice ala Alton.

not sure how such a simple - saute shallot, add sour cream&mustard, thin . . . can occupy a full page.[

ATTACH]35761[/ATTACH]

IMG_0706[1].jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0711[1].jpg
    IMG_0711[1].jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 132

Embryodad

I made sloppy Joes. Actually, not that sloppy; because I used split top hot dog buns. Easy to mouth manage without the sloppy over fill.
Mommy T made an apple Betty. Wow! great!

The house smells like delicious. Mommy T has a bunch of Pigs Feet, and Ham Hocks boiling away on the stovetop. A whole head of garlic, and a 1/4 cup of black peppercorns to season the porker footsies. :WitchBrewsSmiley:

IMG_1782 (1).jpg

IMG_1783 (1).jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Last night was pizza delivery. I had a half slice. My stomach was feeling good.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made sloppy Joes. Actually, not that sloppy; because I used split top hot dog buns. Easy to mouth manage without the sloppy over fill.
Mommy T made an apple Betty. Wow! great!

The house smells like delicious. Mommy T has a bunch of Pigs Feet, and Ham Hocks boiling away on the stovetop. A whole head of garlic, and a 1/4 cup of black peppercorns to season the porker footsies. :WitchBrewsSmiley:

View attachment 35764

View attachment 35765

I eat my sloppy joe's (open faced) on top and bottom of one burger bun and use a knife and fork to eat. Much less messy and less carbs.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Tina is at the markets to get Milk. She cannot
even get into the parking lot.

Jimmy, it was crazy here at the stores too.
As you can see, the bread was ok for supply.
The toilet paper, tissues, paper towels and dinner napkins were G O N E.
:bonk:
20200313_123323-1152x1152.jpg

20200313_122406-1152x1152.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Sliced Smoked Beef Brisket, Roasted Baby Spuds, Roasted Onion, Okra, Tomatoes & Corn, Last of the Spring Mix under the last of the Mandarin-Ginger Dressing...

Salad, Spring Mix, Mandarin-Giners Dressing.jpg

Briskit.jpg

Embryodad

Jimmy, it was crazy here at the stores too.
As you can see, the bread was ok for supply.
The toilet paper, tissues, paper towels and dinner napkins were G O N E.
:bonk:
View attachment 35774

View attachment 35775
I can't believe you took pics of the shelves. hahahahahahaha
Guess what? Tina did too. She showed Target pics, with the lines of people and their carts, filled with food and toilet paper, and lines all the way to half way down the isles.

She needed Milk, so three stores had none ( as you know we use the FairLife whole milk ). She found it in Weis Market with a May shelf life.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I can't believe you took pics of the shelves. hahahahahahaha
Guess what? Tina did too. She showed Target pics, with the lines of people and their carts, filled with food and toilet paper, and lines all the way to half way down the isles.

She needed Milk, so three stores had none ( as you know we use the FairLife whole milk ). She found it in Weis Market with a May shelf life.
Jimmy, I keep a shopping list in Samsung Notes on my phone.
Figured as long as the phone was in hand.. why not?:yum:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dinner was the New Kraft Alfredo Macaroni and Cheese with tuna added.

Embryodad

Spaghetti with Tuna and breadcrumbs flavored with garlic and lemon juice.

IMG_1786 (1).jpg

And Tina made scones with currents, and a batch with chocolate chips for DD.
IMG_1784.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm working 12 hour shifts both today and tomorrow.
Today I'm taking a Marketside bbq chicken wrap for my lunch. I'll eat the dinner that the menu has, no matter what it is.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Tina is shopping for her uncle at ShopRite supermarket in West Orange NJ, and the registers ( like 30 ) were all filled and the lines were down the isles.
Toilet paper and diapers were wiped out.

It is like that in the Grocery Stores here in CA also.