Take Out - Burgers!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Okay....what's your top pick and why? I've discovered a place down here called Krystal - just like White Castle:blush: and oh so good!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I'm not a big fan of take out burgers but Five Guys isn't to bad

mhend

We rarely do take-out burgers, but if we do, Five Guys is our pick too. I used to love Krystals, but the one near my house always has a poor health rating and looks like it's rarely cleaned, so I've kinda marked it off the list. I really loved those little burgers though.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I like diner burgers usually on the plate without the mushy bun, I like a kaiser roll rather than those soft buns.

mhend

There's a really good place down in Birmingham called the Purple Onion. They have excellent burgers and they are open really late. DH and I will usually stop by there after a concert or a night out downtown.

There's also another place down there - Milo's. Their burgers come with a brown gravy. It's messy, but good! Their tea is the best around and it's sold by the gallon up here. Too bad we don't have the resteraunts too!

bigjim

Mess Cook
Super Site Supporter
My favorite is Fuddruckers. Made to order while you wait. Never have been a fan of Five Guys.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My favorite is Fuddruckers. Made to order while you wait. Never have been a fan of Five Guys.
Fudd's isn't bad. I like the fixin's bar. A friend would get the other kinds of meats other than beef burgers.

I had one of my girls birthday parties there.

Leni

In N' Out Burger. It's strictly drive through but everything is fresh even the fries. Nothing has been frozen.

Guts

I will second Fuddruckers / and in and out, definitely for a fast drive through without a doubt. I don't eat much hamburger and only buy it one or two times a year.

BTW Leni nice avatar of your cat.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
There's a Rallys here too..looks like some other place..

I have to admit to a secret love of the McDonalds burger with cheese. Can't help myself.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We have Rally's and Checker's (both owned by the same company) They're very salty.

I like Steak and Shake. I love the crispy edges :thumb:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have to admit to a secret love of the McDonalds burger with cheese. Can't help myself.

Yeah, me too. Quarter pounder with cheese.

But I've never had a bad burger, anywhere, that I can recall. I love them all!

Lee

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I try to avoid fast food burgers. When I'm stuck, one's the same as the next to me.

For a real burger (other than home cooked) I'm all over Ruby Tuesday's. The triple prime, cooked medium rare, with Swiss, mushrooms and BBQ sauce. GOOD! As a matter of fact, I had one last night.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I"ve never been to 5 guys or Krystal, but I've had Fuddruckers and they are good. But my favs are two local places. The North End Tavern (NET for short) makes a fantastic burger they call the NET burger. We also have a place called Der Dog House that has GREAT burgers. You can get em to go, or eat in at both places. So good, just typing this is making me hungry. :yum:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I"ve never been to 5 guys or Krystal, but I've had Fuddruckers and they are good. But my favs are two local places. The North End Tavern (NET for short) makes a fantastic burger they call the NET burger. We also have a place called Der Dog House that has GREAT burgers. You can get em to go, or eat in at both places. So good, just typing this is making me hungry. :yum:

So, when you're in the dog house, it's not such a bad thing :yum:

lilylove

1. Dicks Drive in!! I think they are only in the Seattle area. Oh so good!

I hadn't had a Mcdonald's burger in years and years but we got one at the airport last month and it was really great! So were the fries.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lou refuses to eat at Wendy's because the burger is square!
Now that's silly. But we all have our quirks. LOL

I think Wendy's has the best tasting fast food burger around (even if it is square).

Ronjohn

Well, we have one of GQ magazine's top ten burger places right by our house, but they just aren't what they used to be. The place became a 'cult' hit years before GQ caught on and go wildly popular. They just can't seem to crank out the volume they do now with the same quality and flavor. That said, even closer to the house is another bar that places in the top 10 in one the local paper's annual survey's (hopefully THEY don't get too popular).

Plus the local bar we hang out with has excellent burgers. And a to go menu. (The 'sliders' they make there are fantastic, too)

Other than that, I usually try not to get burgers to go. Although a stop at McDonalds is usually a given on the drive up north. There's one that's about 1/2 way, and it's got a big enough lot to get the truck and trailer in and out of either. And that's the bigger draw than the food ;)

Last edited:

mhend

Lou doesn't like castles? BTW I have never had Krystal I have seen them while on vacation. Are they just like white castle?

I haven't had White Castle in a long time. We don't have any around here. I ate there once on a trip up north, but from what I can remember, they taste pretty much the same.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I haven't had White Castle in a long time. We don't have any around here. I ate there once on a trip up north, but from what I can remember, they taste pretty much the same.
Small, square steamed onions and buns?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Well, we have one of GQ magazine's top ten burger places right by our house, but they just aren't what they used to be. The place became a 'cult' hit years before GQ caught on and go wildly popular. They just can't seem to crank out the volume they do now with the same quality and flavor. That said, even closer to the house is another bar that places in the top 10 in one the local paper's annual survey's (hopefully THEY don't get too popular).

Plus the local bar we hang out with has excellent burgers. And a to go menu. (The 'sliders' they make there are fantastic, too)

Other than that, I usually try not to get burgers to go. Although a stop at McDonalds is usually a given on the drive up north. There's one that's about 1/2 way, and it's got a big enough lot to get the truck and trailer in and out of either. And that's the bigger draw than the food ;)

Aren't you in Detroit? You ever go to Miller's? I used to love that place! The best burgers I've ever had. And I've never again seen a place where you pay on the honor system.

buckytom

Grill Master
Now that's silly. But we all have our quirks. LOL

i think wendy's has the best tasting fast food burger around (even if it is square).

i agree with doc. as far as fast food goes, wendy's makes the best.

however, the best boigah in nyc is from big nick's on 77th and broadway. home of the 1lb sumo burger.

my fave is the lamb burger stuffed with a little greek salad in a pita.

Ronjohn

Aren't you in Detroit? You ever go to Miller's? I used to love that place! The best burgers I've ever had. And I've never again seen a place where you pay on the honor system.

Yep, and sadly Miller's is the place I'm talking about in the 1st part of my post :( (They're still good though, just not what they were)