What are you doing today?

Johnny West

I've been subbing a sped class since last Friday and not sure if I'll be going back next week. The gal I'm subbing for had neck surgery and had a set back of some kind. The kids have been wonderful.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've been subbing a sped class since last Friday and not sure if I'll be going back next week. The gal I'm subbing for had neck surgery and had a set back of some kind. The kids have been wonderful.

You're a special man, JW! Sometimes those classes aren't easy, especially for a sub.

I went and got some vinca/periwinkle hanging baskets the other day. Now the temps have decided to get down into the 40's overnight.

I also bought some weed and feed. I usually use Scotts brand but cheaped out and got some True Green brand, maybe Stay Green ???, don't remember. I hope I'm not sorry.

Johnny West

This is a great school and the kids this year I've known for several years and they do well.

The teacher is in bad shape and came in at noon last Friday saying the doctor didn't want her to go back to work for a month. She talked him into half days but don't see how she can do that. She'll teach in the morning and me in the afternoon. The morning is the most work. I've not seen the job come up on the sub line yet.

Saliha

Today I finished new sweater for summer:

Grxfkmp.jpg

It´s light to wear and not too hot. Suitable for cool summer evenings.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Here are some pics from the chicken bbq yesterday.
They did a big sale for the fundraiser and usually do.

Attachments

• 18058045_1399055000169445_1428430731105782668_n.jpg
    18058045_1399055000169445_1428430731105782668_n.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 18057064_1399055086836103_7811937629170866817_n.jpg
    18057064_1399055086836103_7811937629170866817_n.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 213

Johnny West

Tuesday my bud, Jeff, and I went down to Kalama and spent the night in a rustic cabin on the river so we could meet up early, yesterday, with the guide to fish the river for spring run king salmon. In seven hours of fishing we got one bite and my friend was able to get a 15 pound springer. The spring run is the lowest in recorded history. The sea lions aren't helping, either.

We won't do the cabin thing again - the beds were horrible, and neither of us could sleep or get comfortable. The rest of the cabin was quite nice.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've a nurses meeting at 1, then will go grocery shopping after.
It's going to rain all day. ickk..

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Rain here to. got fertilizer spikes in the ground for our trees. Then met friends for dinner at a nice BBQ place. For a rainy day we made the best of it.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Big storm expected today.... Starting to drizzle as we type....

Date with the Eye Doctor.... Another injection... Ugh!
Right eye last Friday, left eye today.... :umbrella:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yup. still raining here.

Today I am going to work 2nd shift as well as tomorrow and Sunday and Monday.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Lots of yard work, I had a pallet of mulch and some top soil delivered this morning. I got about 28cf of the mulch put down. If I ever finish, I'll have two pallets, one large and one small, left. What will those pallets become???

Johnny West

I bust up pallets for kindling wood.

I'm still doing the subbing everyday and have not felt much like cooking.

Not much else going on here.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
You are handy and clever, Cooksie, so I'm sure that your pallets will turn into something really cool.

As you probably know, ideas for re-using pallets are all over the internet. Here's a link to some ideas. Too bad there aren't instructions!

http://www.dumpaday.com/genius-ideas-2/35-amazing-uses-for-old-pallets/

Lee

I cleared the small pallet, and it looks to be in really good shape. I remember when HomeCook did her pallet project. She said that the nails were really hard to pull. I'm more of a wuss than her, so I don't know if I'll be able to do it. I do have a reciprocating saw, so I may try that approach.

Yesterday I got all 16, 40 lb bags of top soil spread and all of the mulch spread except for 24 bags. I'm hobbling today, may have overdone it a little, so I'm taking it easy today.

Saliha

New sweater is ready. This is meant for very cold winter days - and hopely it´s not needed for many months now.

jTctDJW.jpg

Wool is thick and very warm.

New socks I finished at yesterday, very downy and fluffy, suitable as bed socks.

GPDFX82.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Saturday afternoon I just told myself to Suck It Up, Nancy and got out there and finished up. It felt good to finally have it finished. I didn't want that yard project looming over my head on Sunday.

Johnny West

Speaking of yard projects, we had a new sprinkler system and sod put down. they've been on it all week and should finish today.

My granddaughter dropped my laptop on the tile floor - my fault, I should have know better than to ask her to bring it to me. The charge port is damaged and the case cracked so it won't charge. I'll get it in soon to see if it can be saved. Right now I'm able to use the mrs big 24 inch apple but hate sitting in the hard chair for very long.

Today is my last day of subbing afternoon for a month stretch. A few more weeks and school will be out. I told them I'd do it for another year and will see if I last that long.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
A new sprinkler system will be nice, JW. Mine is old and always seems to have something wrong that needs to be fixed.

The last few times I've been in WalMart I've been seeing signs about Free Grocery Pickup. I know that sounds like big time laziness to some, but I think it may be a big time convenience for me. You shop online and then pull up in one of their special stalls, and they load your groceries for you.

I figured it was just offered for a few things, but it's not. I sat down Thursday with my grocery list and was able to add everything on my list to my cart except one item. I figured I'd have to go to Lowes for a bicycle tire air pump anyway.

I logged on early Friday morning to set up a pickup time, but the whole day of Friday was booked. They sent out a coupon, so they're pretty busy right now. I'm going to see how it goes on Monday or Tuesday. If things go smoothly, I'm going to love this :mrgreen:.

Embryodad

Today, I was helping the neighbor next door with his AC on his Subaru Forester.
Shame!!... he needs a new compressor. He is going to Harry's U Pull It, in Hazleton, PA, and rip one out. $26.00 VS $789.00 New! I told him to go for it!
It's worth a gamble, that hopefully it was one that worked ok before the car he pulls it from was smashed up!

Johnny West

A new sprinkler system will be nice, JW. Mine is old and always seems to have something wrong that needs to be fixed.

The last few times I've been in WalMart I've been seeing signs about Free Grocery Pickup. I know that sounds like big time laziness to some, but I think it may be a big time convenience for me. You shop online and then pull up in one of their special stalls, and they load your groceries for you.

I figured it was just offered for a few things, but it's not. I sat down Thursday with my grocery list and was able to add everything on my list to my cart except one item. I figured I'd have to go to Lowes for a bicycle tire air pump anyway.

I logged on early Friday morning to set up a pickup time, but the whole day of Friday was booked. They sent out a coupon, so they're pretty busy right now. I'm going to see how it goes on Monday or Tuesday. If things go smoothly, I'm going to love this :mrgreen:.

I dunno? Grocery shopping is fun for me.

Our watering system is a Rachio and is managed on line. If it's raining it won't water. I have an app on the phone and also on the computer.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I dunno? Grocery shopping is fun for me.

Our watering system is a Rachio and is managed on line. If it's raining it won't water. I have an app on the phone and also on the computer.

That sounds like a nice system.

I do not like to go to the grocery store, at all. I put it off, and put it off, and put it off until I have zero in the vegetable bins :(.

Hydrangeas are coming on:

IMG_6743.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Grocery pickup went great. From the time that I pulled up and was loaded, it was about 10 minutes :), and I had about $200 of groceries.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The cat got neutered to stop the yowling.
Will it work?
Time will tell.
He's resting comfortably and is quiet.

Been fairly busy.

The shared ride for going up and down the streets on nice days.

1zqx8x1.jpg

Johnny West

After I got home from church yesterday the mrs wanted to get started on cleaning the bona wax off the kitchen floor. We discovered the stuff is not recommended by Bella Wood. The cleaner requires leaving it set then scrubbing the gum like crap up with scratch pads. We worked 4 hours and got 2/3 of kitchen floor done. We'll save the rest for next time she has a day off. I have to lay on the floor to do this and today my back and hips are killing me.

Today I'll grill cook a standing rib roast, boiling some potatoes, and that's all I'm doing.

Embryodad

Just finishing up with the housework. The floors all vacuumed / cleaned.
Laundry is all done, just have towels to fold and put away. Easy!
Been playing Dr. / Nurse / Cook, / and whatever comes with running the house.
Mommy Tina is recovering from her fall ( Brain Concussion ) ; and now with Post Concussive Syndrome, she broke out with the shingles in her head / ear / neck / hair; all on the left side. Just taking each day at the time. Plus Prayers!

If it stops raining, We will have some steak grilled. I thin sliced hers and breaded it so she can just eat it like finger food.:bbq3:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Just finishing up with the housework. The floors all vacuumed / cleaned.
Laundry is all done, just have towels to fold and put away. Easy!
Been playing Dr. / Nurse / Cook, / and whatever comes with running the house.
Mommy Tina is recovering from her fall ( Brain Concussion ) ; and now with Post Concussive Syndrome, she broke out with the shingles in her head / ear / neck / hair; all on the left side. Just taking each day at the time. Plus Prayers!

If it stops raining, We will have some steak grilled. I thin sliced hers and breaded it so she can just eat it like finger food.:bbq3:

I hate to hear that about Tina :(. I hope she recovers quickly. You two have been dealt more than your fair share of blows lately, so I hope you have a long, long period of good stuff.

The long weekend here was kind of funky. We had some strong thunder storms and some light hail. The power went out for hours, and when it came back on, the internet was down. It was down for quite a while. Gah :(

Embryodad

I hate to hear that about Tina :(. I hope she recovers quickly. You two have been dealt more than your fair share of blows lately, so I hope you have a long, long period of good stuff.

The long weekend here was kind of funky. We had some strong thunder storms and some light hail. The power went out for hours, and when it came back on, the internet was down. It was down for quite a while. Gah :(
Thanks Cooksie! She is starting to at least get some sleep with the Lyrica drug he gave her.

I'm glad all is back on with the power and internet.