Whatcha doin'/cookin' this weekend?

buckytom

Grill Master
i have to work another double on saturday, but i don't feel so bad since i got the ool in. it'll give dw and my boy something to do while i can't be home.

we're all going to see the new transformers movie on sunday. i, er, i mean my boy can't wait to see it. :whistling:

so, since we'll be out, i'll make this in the crock pot: http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4344

(patting self on back) i just got another 5 star review on it at recipezaar, so i now have to try to actually follow one of my own recipes, lol.
i'm bad at sticking to an exact recipe.

so, what are your weekend plans for fun and food?

homecook

Friday....hopefully going out to eat

Saturday....laying in the pool all day, grilling something

Sunday....laying in the pool all day, grilling something else

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
A buddy at work gave me a bunch of Cheery wood today, so I’ll be smoking some ribs for sure. Can’t wait to see what Cherry does for the ribs.

buckytom

Grill Master

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 202

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
A buddy at work gave me a bunch of Cheery wood today, so I’ll be smoking some ribs for sure. Can’t wait to see what Cherry does for the ribs.

well now, i believe i will be cooking some ribs the same way this weekend

i believe you will like the cherry wood, it will always remain my favorite..if you can, put on some of the rib trimmings(if you trim) on the smoker with minimal if any rub so you can see the smoke color and flavor of the cherry wood

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Yep, it’s a very happy tree.......well.......was. :smile:

For entertainment while the smoke is rolling, I think beer and an old 80’s movie!

Attachments

• cherry.JPG
    cherry.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 114

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
painting at a buddy's place with him & jake tonite. soup for dinner.

lilylove

I have to do some extra cooking this weekend... It's almost time for our Mexican trip!!

Since I"m staying a week longer than Paulie... I have to have some food in the freezer that he can just warm up when he gets home...

Not sure what I'll be making yet.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Well, tonight....my daughter is coming for a visit. May or may not cook dinner. If I do, it's most likely going to include something for the chocolate challenge.

Tomorrow - down the shore and then an engagement party/graduation party for my son and his girlfriend.

Tomorrow night who knows about food....may eat at the party.

Sunday - If I don't do the chocolate challenge tonight, it will be sunday. Hopefully, some swimming as well.

Lefty

Yank
Tonight, happy hour and pizza take out.
Saturday, burgers on the grill, beers in the cooler. Rent a movie.
Sunday, catch a ball game on the tube. Catch the race. Grill some fish.

homecook

Do you want to come swimming in my ool??? See the high bushes that surround it?? lol

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 89

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
That pool is lovely.

I'm working on my allotment, going to church, preparing pre-school reports, sorting out kids, listening to DW and generally relaxing.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I owned a couple of houses in my life but only one with a pool and it was and indoor pool for all practical purposes. It even had a hot tub as part of it which I used more than the pool. My kids loved it and so did their friends parents when the kids went to bed. Now that was the late 60's so times where a bit different.

GotGarlic

I'm working all weekend - I have to do a newsletter for an org I volunteer for (the person who volunteered to be the editor is crapping out on us) and I have training to do Monday and I'm not remotely ready for it, since I've been sick so much lately. The only good thing is that it will be too hot to spend much time outside anyway, so I may as well be doing something useful inside. I could need to sort through my old, too-big clothes in order to get ready to donate. DH just moved everything from our closet into a spare bedroom so he can start demolishing and then enlarging and rebuilding the bathroom next to it.

Love2"Q"

got a couple deck boards that were taken out by a tree branch last week ..
i will fix those .. some of my regular weekend chores ..
steaks tonight on the grill .. 18 lbs of pork butts tomorrow ...
and a bunch of smoked beans .. the pulled pork and beans are for next
weekend its my baby girls birthday and we usually have a big party since
its on the 4th .. might get out sunday to see transformers with the boy ..
not sure about food sunday ..

homecook

I owned a couple of houses in my life but only one with a pool and it was and indoor pool for all practical purposes. It even had a hot tub as part of it which I used more than the pool. My kids loved it and so did their friends parents when the kids went to bed. Now that was the late 60's so times where a bit different.

Hell, we still enjoy it, we kick everyone out by 11 so we can enjoy it!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Got the ribs for tomorrow’s Cherry Wood smoke. Publix had a sale meaning I got the ribs at $1.69 per pound. Nice.

I also picked up some Lamb Chops on the cheap as well. DW doesn’t like “weird” meat, so these are just for me. I’ve never smoked lamb, so I’ll throw these on for an hour or so to a temp of 155 then remove and foil. Should be interesting.

Notice the price label gives advice on how to cook the ribs. Yeah right! Don’t follow that label!!! :lol:

Low and slow at 225, indirect, on a smoker with wood, for 4 hours. That’s good ribs. :thumb:

Step_1-45.jpg

Step_2-44.jpg

Step_3-37.jpg

Step_4-32.jpg

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
looks good keltin ...
i almost got some lamb tonight myself ..
have not had it since i was young ...

I really like lamb. Such good flavor, and the right cut is so tender. Once, a few years back, DW even really liked the flavor…….until I told her what it was. Should’ve kept my mouth shut! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: