Votes: 11 44.0%
  • no

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
just like the title says..do you?..lol

i have an alterior motive..some already know..all will know when this poll ends.lol

describe the last spices you ordered if you do, please..

thanks

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Yes I do and I order them all for the most part. Pepper, salt, cumin, lemon grass, etc... anything I would buy at a grocery store, I buy at Penzeys. I buy a few mixes, but for the most part, just spices.

Deelady

I plan to be buying in bulk very soon and I have a feeling for a very similar reason to you Bams! ;)

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I've ordered a few from Penzeys. I love their Greek Mixture!

i started making one with you in mind, i have used commercially bought Greek Seasoning, it was ok but i think i have a pretty good mixture..

pm me your addy and i will send you out a sample..see what you think

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I answered yes as I buy seed off of the internet from time to time. However I buy most of my actual pantry type spices that I don't grow in groceries stores when shopping. I don't buy spice blends at all however as I find most of them easy to make with a lot less salt.

Last edited:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Not anymore--I use to before we had Penzeys. However, I do buy stuff when I go to S. Fla. I often bring back hot sauces for friends and I do like certain Goya products. However, it is easier to find some of that stuff here. At one time it was not.

Locutus

I would order quite a few itens online, especially sausage and jerky mixes if I could find them completely sodium free.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I would order quite a few itens online, especially sausage and jerky mixes if I could find them completely sodium free.

its hard to find a jerky recipe that is completely sodium free... the sodium(salt) helps draw the moisture out but i do have a few salt free seasoning mixes in the works...

chowhound

Yes I do.
Popular prodding on another site had (has?) me convinced that ordering from Penzeys would give me much fresher spices than the ones in the grocery store aisle, so that's what I've been doing for virtually everything. (Gotta have my Grillmates steak seasoning for my fries though). Plus, lately I've been buying more and more online anyway. I think I'm turning into a hermit.....

buckytom

Grill Master
we have several ethnic/foreign markets near me where i can buy just about any spice known to man. but if the prices were good and the freshness guaranteed, i'd definitely consider an online source.

especially if free samples were involved... :whistling:

for instance, in the past i've had to look in several places for whole star anise for a chinese marinated pork recipe, and culantro for a caribbean dish. it was a little work finding them, so if they were available online at a good price, i'd save the effort and just click away.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Online shopping is just not practical for me - if it come from the US, the duty is 100%. So, I mostly make my own mixes - find some at Costco, and some fresh.

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
I only buy at the grocery store when I have no choice, but I do buy often from a local bulk food store.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Spices and seeds that I use a lot of I buy at the restaurant supply. I've been pleased withthe freshness from these sources. I also buy fromthe bulk merchants at the West aside Market in Cleveland. they make many of their own mixes.

AllenOK

I voted "No", as I haven't ordered spices online before. I was usually in a situation where either I didn't have plastic to order with; or, I had plastic, but all funds were tied up in cost-of-living expenses which left me with little to no miscellaneous spending money.

I'm now in a situation where I can order online. I've already bought a couple of cookbooks, and some fishing lures that I just can't find locally, all from the internet.

I haven't contemplated ordering spices online, as I can usually find anything I need locally. That said, I would be willing to order some stuff in bulk, at a future date. My supply of home-grown dried sage is really low. I need a good crop this year to replenish my stash. Just last night, I pitched my bulk bottle of ground red pepper, as that darn thing was growing weevils! WTF?!?!?!?! I will admit I really ought to pitch most of my bulk spices anyways, as the only ones I can justify buying in bulk right now are thyme (which I use in just about everything), sage (grow myself), black pepper, cumin, and coriander.

If I can get the Indian cookbook I want to get, I probably will order some stuff online. I haven't found a local source of curry leaves, and fenugreek seeds. I'll probably be toasting and grinding my own curry powder when I get the cookbook.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Between the grocery stores and the Penzy's down the street I have no need of doing so at this time.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
An up and coming merchant like BAM maybe???

yah i think that is what he was talking about..lol

there will always be free samples when i ship spice blends...but for now i am just checking the market and "testing the waters" so to speak