Silver Plume Awards

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Where Magazine (the magazine you almost always find in your hotel room...) is sponsoring the 20th anual Silver Plume awards tonight. It's to recognize service above and beyond for the local concierges. I'm one of a dozen restaurants catering the event (hahaha....for free, of course) tonight.

Red Gravy is serving Stuffed Arancini on polenta, topped with sausage ragu; served with a slice of our signature garlic bread. 200 People!:blob_blue:
Time to change into some real whites so I look like a professional:WitchBrewsSmiley:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I want YOUR dish!

You go, girlfriend! Take pix if you can!

Lee

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Nice big success! Had to explain to most people what 'arancini' was and only 2 then decided to pass.. Got excellent feedback which makes it all worth while.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice big success! Had to explain to most people what 'arancini' was and only 2 then decided to pass.. Got excellent feedback which makes it all worth while.
Congrats Vera. Sounds like you did WOW'd em good. :tiphat: :clap:
For those of us here who don't know (ME) would you please explain what 'arancini' is? :confused:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Arancini are stuffed rice balls. You make risotto first, cool it, then stuff it with assorted fillings. Meat and mozzarella or nuts and mozzarella are typical. After you make the ball, you flour, egg and breadcrumb the ball, then fry it.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Arancini are stuffed rice balls. You make risotto first, cool it, then stuff it with assorted fillings. Meat and mozzarella or nuts and mozzarella are typical. After you make the ball, you flour, egg and breadcrumb the ball, then fry it.
(Drooling while reading...)