Meat Pie

Cuisinette

3-4 Tablespoons olive oil
1 lb pork sausage (mild)

In a skillet heat the olive oil, add the sausage meat and fry until meat is brown.
Remove the meat from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
When cold, mix with:
3-4 tablespoons shredded cheese of your choice (I used a Tillamook blend - mozzarella, smoked provolone and Parmesan)
1 egg

In the same skillet, add a little more oil if there is almost none left and add:
½ onion
¼ red pepper
Saute until onion is brown then add:
2 cups frozen spinach
1 cup of Pace chunky mild salsa (or just add 1 large tomato chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste.

Allow cooling and then add 3 beaten eggs*

Take 4 slices of a day old bread** and cut them in small cubes. Add the bread to the spinach mixture. Mix and set aside.

Brush a 9 inch pie dish with butter, line the dish with pie dough, and arrange the dough as well as you can. Add half the spinach mixture, then add the meat mixture, sprinkle on handful of cheese, then add the remaining spinach mixture.

Cover the top with second pie dough, seal the sides. With a sharp pointy knife make cuts the top dough. Brush with egg yolk mixed with little water. Sprinkle few strands of cheese over the top, it makes an interesting design.

Bake in the oven @425F for 35 minutes or until golden brown.

Note:
* I only used 2 whole eggs and 1 egg white. I kept the 3rd egg yolk to brush the pie with it.
** Plain bread stuffing could be substitute for the bread.

100_4411.jpg

100_4413.jpg

100_4422.jpg

100_4431.jpg

BonAppetit.png

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, Cuisinette!

That looks absolutely incredible and very do-able for those of us who have never made a meat pie!

Great pictures!

Lee

Cuisinette

Thanks, Cuisinette!

That looks absolutely incredible and very do-able for those of us who have never made a meat pie!

Great pictures!

Lee

Welcome, and sure was easy to make, and much more easier to eat.
I don't think is any different than any other pie, except this is savory pie.

BEAUTIFUL!!

Thank you for posting
Thank you too Peeps, you are very kind.
Rose1.gif