It's Tuesday, 6/23..who's cookin?

smoke king

Banned
Homecook, we're walkin' hand in hand on this one. Grilling chicken w/ White BBQ sauce (ala Big Bob Gibsons), Pasta salad is already made and in the fridge getting happy.

Now that you mention it, corn on the cob sounds awfully good.........

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm large dicing some eggplant & a portabello cap, adding some great northern beans & petite-diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, sage/fresh basil/seasalt/pepper/garlic!!/oregano.
since i'm eating lite (weight jumped a pound:glare:), i'm undecided on a starch. whole wheat pasta or lite bread.
(problem is i drink too dagnabbin much alcohol & pop!:gulp:)

homecook

Homecook, we're walkin' hand in hand on this one. Grilling chicken w/ White BBQ sauce (ala Big Bob Gibsons), Pasta salad is already made and in the fridge getting happy.

Now that you mention it, corn on the cob sounds awfully good.........

Good, than you can do the cooking. :lol:

Ronjohn

Think we're heading out tonight for burgers and beers or something similar. We're low on food at the house, but don't want to shop since we'll be heading up north this weekend.

lilylove

It's pretty tender luvs.

I boil it and then slice it to make sandwichies out of. VERY GOOD!!

I also cube it and then cover it with flour mixed with salt, pepper,onion and garlic powder and fry in olive oil and butter. It's a little chewy this way but it's so delish!!!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
that sounds like something i'd travel an hour for to go to the butcher for! thanks, trish!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Sausage sandwich & salad for the boys. Left over lasagna for DW, biltong & watermelon for me.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Well;
I got shot down on the Chinese.............. I'm told we need to eat up some of the stuffed shells we put up last month, so that's that !......well, that's that and a salad:yum:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Fried chicken fingers, green beans, cole slaw, sliced tomatoes and biscuits.

P6230711.jpg

GotGarlic

DH has a co-worker who is retiring after 42 years, so the office is taking her to dinner, here: Vintage Tavern - Seasonally Southern. We're also secretly celebrating our 25th anniversary, which is actually today, although we did celebrate early at the beach last weekend. And we'll celebrate even more in Europe this fall! I love dragging this out! :wink:

btw, DH sent me two dozen lovely red roses at work today :wub: :wub:

Love2"Q"

DH has a co-worker who is retiring after 42 years, so the office is taking her to dinner, here: Vintage Tavern - Seasonally Southern. We're also secretly celebrating our 25th anniversary, which is actually today, although we did celebrate early at the beach last weekend. And we'll celebrate even more in Europe this fall! I love dragging this out! :wink:

btw, DH sent me two dozen lovely red roses at work today :wub: :wub:

i have heard good things about that place ...
the ribs and chicken are supposed to be pretty good ...
congrats on your 25 year together ...

tonight .. DW wants pasta .. i want some more of the london broil
i grilled last night .. so i am making alfreado sauce with linguini noodles and will top it with slices of steak .. then i am thinking putting some
pepper jack cheese on it and broiling it for a min.
and some salads and garlic bread ...

chowhound

Well;
I got shot down on the Chinese.............. I'm told we need to eat up some of the stuffed shells we put up last month, so that's that !......well, that's that and a salad:yum:

I think I remember a post where you were making stuffed shells for the freezer.

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm starving. i haven't eaten a thing all day.

i got stuck working 4-12 this week (ain't it great to go on vacation, and when you're not around to defend yourself you get screwed with the schedule???), so i decided to get a lot of yardwork done, and finally put up our new above ground ool.

i love ools. i was practicaly raised in one. can't wait to teach my boy to swim. i'll be in my ool first thing tomorrow morning, replete with water wings and nose clip.

but for tonight, i'm heading up broadway for souvlaki, piasz, and fries.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
"ool" (I know the punchline, but I'm having a tough time coming up with the phrasing for the straight line. Gimme a hint)

What is piasz?

Lee

buckytom

Grill Master
lol, i should have said "iasz".

piasz is a greek salad, with beans, feta, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, celery, in a lemony garlic-y viniagrette.

and i was hoping someone was gonna go for the joke.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
lol, i should have said "iasz".

piasz is a greek salad, with beans, feta, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, celery, in a lemony garlic-y viniagrette.

No P(ee) in your Pool????? :lol:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Eh, it's still early yet.

I was kinda hoping you were talking like the mentally challenged character in Stephen King's "Dreamcatcher", but that would have been WAY obscure. ;)

Good to see you, BT!

Lee

GotGarlic

i have heard good things about that place ...
the ribs and chicken are supposed to be pretty good ...
congrats on your 25 year together ...

Thanks, Q - it was *really* good. I had a salad with grilled baby squash over arugula with grilled shrimp and a lemony basil vinaigrette, then cider-braised pork chop with cider-bourbon sauce, barbecue slaw (cole slaw with BBQ pork in it!) and a little Le Creuset pot filled with 3-cheese mac and cheese - yummy!

DH had a mixed green salad topped with a homemade cheddar cracker, then the baby back ribs with bourbon BBQ sauce and the same slaw I had. Delish!