Saturday, 4-5...whatcha cookin?

homecook

I won't be cooking today. It's my grandsons' 5th birthday and we'll be going to my dd's where Heb will be doing the cooking! lol

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Probably some grilled steaks, fried onions (undecided as to how I want to cut them yet), baked beans, cold slaw and potato salad or macaroni salad haven't made up my mind yet.

buckytom

Grill Master
i am going to vicariously eat all of your meals today.

i'm woikin' another double shift. college basketball is hoppin' tonight, so i'm not sure if i'll be able to take a dinner hour (or so) and race home and back.

i'm thinking maybe sushi tonight, at the witching hour.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I made a new (new to me) olive oil pizza dough yesterday from Peter Reinhart's Bread Baker's Apprentice, and it called for overnite cold proofing. So, I'll take it out of the fridge about 3 and let it finish rising till about five and then make a pepperoni/onion/sausage pizza. DD might come over for dinner, so I have enough dough for two pizzas made on the peel.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Not sure, just got a delivery from Pasture Beef, gonna see what all goodies I got and pick from that!

lilylove

I'm hoping I can talk Paul into sushi...

But, prbly the chicken I was supposed to make yesterday. :(

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tomato sandwiches on toasted bread with mayo!

EXACTLY one of my late-summertime favorites, Derek! Yumm!

But tonight is the Bostonian staple, Pearl hot dogs and homemade Boston Baked Beans. You would think we'd get sick of that, after having it thousands of Saturday nights, but it never disappoints!

Lee

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Nada Thing.....

Lou and I are going to Blue Note to see the Preservation Hall Band for an 8pm show..

We'll pick up something after that, probably in the city.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I wanted to know how to cook them too Bucky, you know seasoning, braising, boiling, frying etc. :lol:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Beef Stew it came out really nicely.

Mama - Please slide some of that cornbread over here to go with it.

.................Mmmmmmm.............Thank You - Perfect.

Andy

chowhound

I'm going to make a "slight" variation of BT's veal dish.
Slight, because I shopped locally, so of course I don't have the San Marzano tomatoes, or the fire roasted tomatoes or even the veal for that matter (lol).

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Slight, because I shopped locally, so of course I don't have the San Marzano tomatoes, or the fire roasted tomatoes or even the veal for that matter (lol).

So you are making bell peppers and onions maybe. :shock:

Love2"Q"

do you have tomatoes?