Saturday 3/3/2012 So what's cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well last nights dinner got changed to pork chops (pictures later). So tonight may be breakfast for dinner. Will be decided later. I have many choices at the moment and plan on stopping at Trader Joe's after I pick my DD up. I have heard TJ's pot pies are good. So one never knows. LOL

What's your food plans?

K

Kimchee

Meatloaf, mashed taters and gravy, green beans with onions and bacon.
Like a big hug from MOm!

We're going to see the original "The Shining" on the big screen at the local Library of Congress theatre tonight, so will be dining out at our local little Italian place beforehand. Can't wait - LOVE Jack in that film! :)

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We're going to the Celtic Ball tonight. It's a fundraiser for the endowment fund for our parish Catholic school. Tons of gourmet appetizers and desserts, and prime rib dinner plus an open bar. There will be side boards and lots of opportunities to donate more than the $75 per person for the dinner. Live orchestra to dance to and lots of friends to share the evening with.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
We will be having dinner guests and I'm smoking a bunch of spare ribs. Fran is in charge of the rest.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
blake & i just ordered a pizza, half pepperoni/half salami. they make good pizza.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
dinner's here~

Attachments

• IMG_34681208.jpg
    IMG_34681208.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_34721209.jpg
    IMG_34721209.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 115

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Joe your dinner sounds like a wonderful time for all.

Luvs YUM!! Pass me a slice!!

Everyones plans sound fantastic!

It will be taylor ham, butter lettuce and tomato on toast multigrain with mayo for dinner. I missed lunch so ......

Sides/snacks will be - Went to TJ's and picked up baby lettuce which will either be steamed, squeezed and buttered. YUM takes about 5 minutes start to finish. Or it will be a spinach salad, hard boiled egg, crumbled bacon, TJ's candied pecans, candied walnuts and dried cranberries (the cranberries have added cranberry seed oil to provided omega 3's).
And later brie, blue cheese and crackers.

GotGarlic

I have some pork shoulder chops simmering in seasoned onion gravy to be served over homemade spaetzle (my first attempt!) with homemade applesauce.

Embryodad

Yay!... Tina Baby Cooked a Meal tonight!

She made what we call "Susans Meatballs"

Beef / onion / 2 slices bread / egg / S & P ...then formed into oval patties / fryed / layered in a baking dish...and a can of the new dark roast cream of mushroom soup on top. Baked 350 for 1 hr. or until bubbly and browned.

b90f401f.jpg

9cf78ef5.jpg

d0e734a6.jpg

Then We had some cake that DD made and brought over yesterday...
I got dizzy looking at the icing decoration she concocted... but it was good!

f82046e6.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
there's plenty of extras, peeps!

hehe, jimmy. your dinner looks good!

Embryodad

there's plenty of extras, peeps!

hehe, jimmy. your dinner looks good!
Thanks luvs... That cake turned my teeth into a rainbow, and my tongue is purple!

Ooops! My fingers are stained too! Ohh! Ohh! .... . Someone would think I was at the bar eatin red dyed pisstashheeoo's!... Love em!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
me too on the pistachioes.

i have the stomach queasies & a headache. the cake is gorgeous, 'cept i couldn't look @ it after a sec. made the room spin, lol!

Embryodad

me too on the pistachioes.

i have the stomach queasies & a headache. the cake is gorgeous, 'cept i couldn't look @ it after a sec. made the room spin, lol!
Ohhh! so sorry to hear the stomach is queezy..

Maybe the cheese was oily!

I have to be careful with cheese later at night..and I have GIRD that sometimes flares up. The Dr. said take the purple pill for three days, and stop.
See what happens the next day, and if needed...do another three days..even if I feel ok!...

Feel Better ....

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, jimmy. was ill all week & then some. after dinner we took a nap for awhile. gonna zonk now. took some medicine for the stomachache. 'nite.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Jimmy pass some meatballs and cake!! Yum. Is that new cream of mushroom soup Campbell's?