What have you eaten Sunday, 2/2/2020, to Saturday, 2/8/2020?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
from the kitchen of the World's Worst Mexican Cook....
View attachment 35351
black bean+mushroom+pimento
. . . . no seasoning/spicing called for . . . but in hindsight _needed_

sprinkled with scallion+cheese

did not carry the day.

I think you have the workings of something good here, Chowder. Maybe refried beans next time, with some taco seasoning.

And don't most quesadillas have cheese inside that acts like a glue when melted?

Lee

Embryodad

Brunch was a 1/2 a sub ( Hoagie ) from Wa Wa.

I will finish the sloppy joes from the other day for supper tonight.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm either going to make the Bertolli shrimp scampi/linguine skillet meal with spinach salad -
Or Tyson chicken strips with deli potato salad and spinach salad.

Now that I can taste food again.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Steak and salad for dinner hopefully.

I can't smell or taste anything today. :sad:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Nothing fancy here.
I will say that Tyson chicken strips are the best- real chicken breast meat and great flavour.
Amish tater salad from the deli.
Spinach salad with a little sliced onion and walnuts w/ balsamic vinaigrette.
I've had my share of spinach lately.

20200206_173141-768x768.jpg

20200206_172318-768x768.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Crab Cakes with Shrimps, Horseradish Sauce, Roasted Yukons, Stewed Tomatoes with Okra, Leftie Slaw...

Crab Cakes & Shrimp.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Stove top grill pan strip steak, roasted baby carrot, tossed salad with tomato, black and green olives, olive oil, red wine vinegar, house blend seasoning, TJ's everything but the bagel and mandarin orange segments.

steak_salad_030620_IMG_6699.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hmmmm, Jimmy's peppersteak sandwich and Peep's strip steaks look really appealing to me tonight.

Guess I have a hankering for a steak!

Lee

Embryodad

Had some peppers and onions and mushrooms to be used. I made a frittata and topped with mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Popped into the broiler to melt the cheese.
Just tasted it. Great, so it is slated to make a fast breakfast for tomorrow.

IMG_1731.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We were supposed to have crab cakes last night to finish out our weekly menu, but Craig decided he wanted Mexican, so we made the long drive up to our favorite place. I had my usual of a mojito made with tequila instead of rum. Craig had some Modelo on draft. House made guacamole for an appy, plus the free salsa, mild and hot. Chicken enchiladas for dinner, Verde, the sauce was delish, for me and with a Tulum sauce, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and chipotle, though he said there wasn't much chipotle, for Craig. A great meal as usual.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last night was Comfort Night ! (Read that "Lazy Night")
Franks & Bush's Home-style Baked Beans, Air Fries, Buttered Carrot... Salad....

Franks & Beans, Buttered Carrots.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Last night was Chinese delivery. Veggie & bean curd soup with some chicken added for me.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
3 cups of crab, 2 slices of bread without crusts, eggs, white wine, seasoning, lemon juice and a bit of mayo, and that's it!

Attachments

• 2020-02-08 18.53.21.jpg
    2020-02-08 18.53.21.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 109

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
.a place called Magurks, Spelling ???

Great Crab Cake, Fingerlings, Sauteed Veggie mix.... not to shabby at all...

Magurks Crab Cake.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That looks fabulous, Lucky!
Med, I'll try to remember your crab cake instructions so I can make them like that one day.

Embryodad

Had the 1/4 of the leftover sub from yesterday.
Oreo cookies, AND cottage cheese and peaches for dessert.
Not very thrilling to eat.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
That looks fabulous, Lucky!
Med, I'll try to remember your crab cake instructions so I can make them like that one day.

They are actually David Rosengarten's instructions. He says to use Wonder bread, but I don't always. He had one of the first shows, Taste, on Food Network back when it started. The bread disappears into the crab cake.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
They are actually David Rosengarten's instructions. He says to use Wonder bread, but I don't always. He had one of the first shows, Taste, on Food Network back when it started. The bread disappears into the crab cake.

I used to watch him on PBS. His set didn't have a sink with running water and the stove ran on propane tanks. I LOVED his show.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you.
I found the recipe at The Daily Meal.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I used to watch him on PBS. His set didn't have a sink with running water and the stove ran on propane tanks. I LOVED his show.

Yep, and everything was on free-standing racks. Very minimalist set, but he made good food. We bought his cookbook by the same name as the show, Taste. It has several recipes that we absolutely love.