What are you doing today?

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I made five pens, five bottle stoppers, five lanyard pens (new product) and one platter. Show tomorrow.

Johnny West

I've no clue what I want to do today.

The wind and rain continues so can't do much in the yard.
I'd love to get the yard mowed again and should have done
it last week when I was pulling plants and mulching beds.

All the local water basins are full and local farm fields are flooded
and stay flooded through the winter, for the most part, and a
haven for waterfowl. There's been a small migration of dusky
geese which are a small Canada goose that's breeding range is
the Copper River basin in Alaska. The elevation of the basin was
lowered in the 1964 earthquake so former breeding ground is
flooded permentantly and the geese have become endangered
and are protected.

Johnny West

I got called into school this morning and worked with a class of unruly grade 2 students. Half were ok, the other half needed discipline intervention.

It rained, stormed and wind blew all day. Power lines were down all over and it took me 1.5 hours to get home!!!

Tomorrow I'm teaching junior high science so you all have a good day.

Johnny West

Slow day then?

The junior high kids were unruly and will be awhile before I go back there.

Imma gonna fix a martini and get in the hot tub; leftover pizza is on the menu.

We need a martini smille.

:margarita:

Johnny West

Ha, I never did get in the hot tub; I was just to tired to do it but maybe tonight.
I've gotten hooked on Person of Interest series and watched it till bed time.

This afternoon I'll sub the K-1 SPED job I do frequently. It's all one on one or two and not as intense as the past two days have been.

Johnny West

I'm up early and finishing packing for a road trip to Park City, Utah today.
Thanksgiving will be spent with Matt and Angela. The plan was to go to a buffet but evidently none suited him so he's going to cook. I imagine there will be turkey. I'll bring some squash and hopefully get to make a pie. It's darn cold but no snow forecast in the West for today but evidently it's to snow in Park City the rest of the week. I have chains and will get out my little snow shovel for just in case.

You all have a great day.

Saliha

I visited in the local bakery´s shop today.

uNYlpwk.jpg

Apple marmalade filled Danish pastries (left), raspberry filled donuts and Carelian pastries (right). No need to bake for a few days.

Johnny West

I love the bear claws.

Matt is at work making phylo dough from scratch and then will go out and do something. He'll have to go back in tonight to finish.

Heading out for lunch and shopping.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
cooking stuff w/ my Mom.she'll be here so i'm pretending i keep my place ultra-clean 24/7 when i cannot. i snooze & my kitties get into my garbage cans. it's ultra-clean when i'm coherent & not snoozing as tig & babbit tip my trashcans-- & they generally wake me.
pardon while i see if my garbage is tidy enough & my tub is properly a tub.
you cannot often win w/ my Mom.
she is my Mom.

.......until she is ISO a Chef. then i get hugs, gifts, love, & tonite, i'm pushing fer a piercing. 2 can play that game.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
fretting. these jagovs in holiday traffic & not of picksburgh weaving thru lanes & fking w/ ppl that actually know how to navigate those lanes properly- ugh. bad enough when we have pitt move-in week. now we have holiday drivers that need to learn how to fkin drive. my Mom is on her way & these jags keep flustering her, dammit. i luv my Mom, & that is so unkind of those not of here. not to mention locals.

Johnny West

I'm beat and did I say I'm not used to this altitude? I got up this morning and felt like I was coming down with something. After proper meds and hydration started feeling better.

I've got a fire going in the fireplace and waiting for snow to arrive..... oops, it is snowing. Hurray!!!

Johnny West

We got more than an inch but not much more. It's darn cold and 15°F (-9°C) at present.

Matt went snowboarding and will come back and start dinner this afternoon. He'll make butter flake rolls using Irish butter, dressing, mashed potaotes, green bean casserole, turkey and a prime rib. We bought pies as there is only so much oven space. I'll peel the potatoes but that is all.

You all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

:piesmiley1:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Johnny, who will you and Matt be hosting to eat the turkey and prime rib?

Did Matt eat anything besides the side dishes?

Lee

Johnny West

Matt and Angela did the hosting, I was just a guest. A young couple from Martha's Vineyard were also in attendance and they will work for him this winter, she's a waitress and he is a bartender. This past summer they worked at Atria.

Matt did a turkey and a prime rib, mashed potatoes, dressing, fresh cranberries, braised brussels sprouts, braised shitake mushrooms, and a green bean casserole. The gravy was made from prime rib drippings as well as aus jus. I fgeel bad as he made a beet salade and no one touched it. The guest brought a vegetarian lasagna as the fella is a vegetarian - he was raised that way and has never eaten meat, not even one piece of bacon. :eat1:

The pies were locally made store bought and quite good.

Johnny West

Today I'm chill in... it was 10 degrees out last time I looked. I'll make a fire later and need to clear some ashes.

Today will run to Smith's and get a bit of firewood till they get their delivery some time today. I'll also get some white bread for hot turkey sandwiches and some canned gravy. Other than that nothing big is planned.

The pies we had were made in Salt Lake City by Beehive Bakery.

Here is yesterday's fire.

Last edited:

Johnny West

It looks like it snowed a couple of inches.

Tonight is a wine dinner at Matt's restaurant and then an early morning departure tomorrow morning.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Took Dad home after his week here.

Put away Thanksgiving decs and put up my Christmas decs. All inside decorations, but it still took me all afternoon!

Johnny, I like that fireplace!

Lee

Johnny West

Evidently Utah has a new law that states no fireplaces in new construction. EPA is messing with everyone.

I've burned A LOT of firewood the past few days and have the last one I'll make going right now.

Tonight is a wine dinner Matt's place and it sounds like there won't be many there although he served 110 last night. We'll see. I won't drink much wine as I want to be fresh for driving tomorrow and will leave early.

Saliha

I bought today more pork shoulder. It means that soup weeks continue. I am planning to make at the next week cabbage soup plus cabbage rolls and then some hot chili bean soup.

:readytoeat:

Johnny West

I bought today more pork shoulder. It means that soup weeks continue. I am planning to make at the next week cabbage soup plus cabbage rolls and then some hot chili bean soup.

:readytoeat:

I've got pork shoulder left from the ham ball making and will grind it up for Italian and Swedish meatballs. Cabbage rolls sound good, too.

Embryodad

Have been doing a lot lately.
Did a punch list, and had the siding contractor out to do the fixes; connect the rain leaders, and finish the job. Shutters on the sides still not done. Garbage is all picked up, and we can use the driveway now.
Did T giving day....all screwed up. Sons MIL was flown to Morristown Hospital from our hospital. She had a heart issue. All done now, and she is home resting.

Tina took a fall. I was in the kitchen, and I looked at the doorway to the Parlor, and it looked like she was pushed backward by Hulk Hogan. Flat on her back, and I watched her head whack the floor, and bounce back up. OMG....I gave her two aspirin, and had her stay awake and alert. I kept her from sleeping.

That was Saturday. She is really sore today, and has a lump on the back of her head
Then last night, she got a bite on her live arm, and it is all swollen, and hugely welted.
It never fails...

Today, I am heaving leftovers from the back deck, into the feeding area for the turkey buzzards and whatever animals to enjoy.
It is terribly warm here. 46º now, and we are sweating. Yuck! Hate the warmth. Love the cold and the snow!!... ?? Where the heck is it this year??

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I cleaned out and re-organized my spice cabinet last night. While I was digging around looking for sage the other day, a full bottle of savory ended up flying through the air, landing on the tile, and shattering. It was a mess. I had to get out the shop vac and clean up savory and glass that had scattered all over the place :bonk:. I combined and threw away a ton of stuff, and it's still too crowded but muuucccchh better than it was:

Spice%20Cabinet.jpg

Today I'm happily doing nothing.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Have been doing a lot lately.
Did a punch list, and had the siding contractor out to do the fixes; connect the rain leaders, and finish the job. Shutters on the sides still not done. Garbage is all picked up, and we can use the driveway now.
Did T giving day....all screwed up. Sons MIL was flown to Morristown Hospital from our hospital. She had a heart issue. All done now, and she is home resting.

Tina took a fall. I was in the kitchen, and I looked at the doorway to the Parlor, and it looked like she was pushed backward by Hulk Hogan. Flat on her back, and I watched her head whack the floor, and bounce back up. OMG....I gave her two aspirin, and had her stay awake and alert. I kept her from sleeping.

That was Saturday. She is really sore today, and has a lump on the back of her head
Then last night, she got a bite on her live arm, and it is all swollen, and hugely welted.
It never fails...

Today, I am heaving leftovers from the back deck, into the feeding area for the turkey buzzards and whatever animals to enjoy.
It is terribly warm here. 46º now, and we are sweating. Yuck! Hate the warmth. Love the cold and the snow!!... ?? Where the heck is it this year??

I wondered where you had disappeared to :). Do y'all know what bit Tina? Sounds pretty bad. I'm sorry your Turkey Day got screwed up and all the other bad stuff.

Embryodad

I wondered where you had disappeared to :). Do y'all know what bit Tina? Sounds pretty bad. I'm sorry your Turkey Day got screwed up and all the other bad stuff.

Yeah! Cooksie, I think I disappeared from myself too!
I was in a tizzy. It got to the point, where Tina would remind to wipe when I finished in the bathroom. Haaaaa! Like I left my body.

:bonk:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hope Tina is doing okay, Jimmy!

Nice job on the spice cabinet, Cooksie! Please come over and do mine!

Lee