Movie Trivia

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Ok here is one most won't get but I will give you a few hints. First speaking part though small for Clint Eastwood and he said something to Don Rickles. The movie was made in 1955 and started Donald O' Conner oposite a mule.

Answer below

Francis Goes in The Navy and the scene that was done by Eastwood and Rickles well they where O' Conners corner men in the boxing scene.

chowhound

I don't think I've seen that.

I like picking out famous actors as they are starting out. A lot of times they are going by slightly different names, too.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Neither Clint Eastwood or Don Rickles where even mentioned in the credits that I can find. However this was a first for both of them for speaking parts about 3 words each and a 1 second scene. Eastwood was 18 years old I think he said once about it.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
joec.---
I need an answer !!
I've got 'em together in Kelly's Heroes, but of course they war both in the credits .

INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW..............

Oh, WAIT !
I just backtracked the thread... Francis Joins the Navy ???
wowzers! how trivial is THAT ?? right up my alley !
LT

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Both of them where established by the time Kelly's Heroes came out. I remembered it today watching the spaghetti western marathon. Fist Full of Dollars, A Few Dollars More (my fav), and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. I'm a big fan of Clint Eastwood even when he was on Rawhide in the 60's.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I've got a box-set of "The Millionaire" that a lot of these guys turn up on.........
even Leonard Nimoy........also one of "The Twilight Zone" One of the first episodes has Robert redford as the reaper.................God, he's SO YOUNG !

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I remember when Burt Reynold's played football for Florida State as a full back. He was a very good player but due to some bad injuries it ended his football career. I actually built the gurney used the ambulance scene in Smokey and the Bandit II which was a go cart and a driver below actually driving it.

A lot of these old shows as some really big stars on them when the started out and even some as their careers where winding down.