What's on our plates Sunday, July 26, to Saturday, August 1, 2020?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm going to put together: chow mein noodles, bok choy, shrimp, and light sauce

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Buffalo Hot/Sweet Wings, Fries, Grilled Squash Medallions, Macaroni Salad....

Chicken Wings.jpg

Last edited:

Embryodad

Tina mommy made a pot of meatballs and tomato sauce.
The kids came over to eat. Great garlic bread, and tomato salad.
We had apple pie ala mode for dessert.
My poor next door neighbor came home from a week end in cranberry lake in upstate NY, and finds out his central air crapped out.
What a way to come home from vacation. He took a pic of the wiring diagram on his units door, and he sent it to me. I walked him through the problem over the phone. He had an open Neutral wire that burnt off. He's back in business, and all is Cool. Lucky!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm not sure what's for dinner tonight.
I'm going grocery shopping this afternoon.
That doesn't really mean anything, as I may go to Wendy's for one of their apple pecan chicken salads.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I'm not sure what's for dinner tonight.
I'm going grocery shopping this afternoon.
That doesn't really mean anything, as I may go to Wendy's for one of their apple pecan chicken salads.

I love those salads.

Dinner will be something that won’t heat up the house.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I really want some Chinese food. BUT it's Monday and they are all closed around here today.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I tried a new recipe tonight. Chicken Forestiere from a cookbook by Dine Henry, a British author.

Chicken thighs, with carrots, onions, mushrooms in a Madeira cream sauce. I included morells, shitakes, porcinis, and creminis in the mushroom mix. The flavors were excellent, but in typical Brit fashion, everything was undersalted and overcooked. It reminded me of my grandmother's cooking! The carrots had no texture left. I will make it again, but cut the cooking time way back, and only add the carrots for the last 10 minutes.

We loved the sauce.

Attachments

• 20200727_203636.jpg
    20200727_203636.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 107

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Lee, I love the salad.
It's healthy and fresh.
The pomegranate vinaigrette dressing is wonderful.

Sage, once again wow!
Your cooking always leaves me gobsmacked.

Tonight the plan is the nice salmon filet that's been waiting for the pan lol

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Pan grilled salmon with a glaze of course grain mustard and honey.
Roasted vegs, - threw in some pearl onions too.
Leftover rice.
I always have rice on hand.

Nct20200728_164004_copy_1152x1152.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
SS, your chicken dish looks great, and low-carb, too!

Sass, I'm not a big fan of salmon, but I do love the look of yours!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Lee.
That was almost too much to eat.
By the way, I always thought you loved salmon.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Grilled scallops, marinated in garlic and lime, over steamed asparagus and a ginger chili cream sauce. Of course, it had the ubiquitous cilantro!

I got this recipe a while back from a Costco magazine, and it's always a hit.

Attachments

• 20200728_190001.jpg
    20200728_190001.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 90

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL, well ladies, you are right - I am not a big seafood fan as a rule.

Re: salmon - I was given some canned salmon and wanted to find something to make that I'd like. I think I made some salmon cakes and/or burgers. Eh. I do like lox and bagels, but probaby wouldn't buy a salmon filet. Something about the texture on my teeth that gets me.

Since I'm dieting YET again, I've been making some of my favorite non-fishy tasting dishes lately: sesame-crusted rare tuna steaks, pan-seared scallops, and Baja grilled shrimp. I saw Lidia make crispy battered fried shrimp the other day that I'd probably like if someone else made it.

I love fried fish (haddock) and chips, and fried fish tacos and order one of those things if they are on a restaurant menu because I can't stand frying fish at home.

TMI? :)

Lee

Embryodad

Re: What are you eating Sunday, 7/19/2020 to Saturday, 7/25/2020?

Had a simple little cooking supper tonight. Kraft Macaroni and cheese.
The one with the shells pasta and the liquid creamed cheese. NOT the powdered cheese. Yuck!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
LOL, well ladies, you are right - I am not a big seafood fan as a rule.

Since I'm dieting YET again, .............

TMI? :)

Lee

LOL, you and I seem to be in an almost constant state of dieting! I've actually lost 8 pounds during the shutdown. We were eating out (and of course drinking out) at least 4 or 5 nights a week before. I had pretty much quit cooking. The last couple months, I've had to start again, and I quess my food is healthier than the restaurants. Since I'm right in the heart of one of the Florida hotspots, were still not eating out.

I just signed up for a 2 week free trial of Noom. Have you seen the ads? It's kind of like WW, but all on your phone.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Monday night was Vietnamese chicken soup. Last night was penne alla vodka.

Attachments

• 2020-07-27 18.38.57.jpg
    2020-07-27 18.38.57.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 2020-07-28 17.39.57.jpg
    2020-07-28 17.39.57.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 117

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL, you and I seem to be in an almost constant state of dieting! I've actually lost 8 pounds during the shutdown. We were eating out (and of course drinking out) at least 4 or 5 nights a week before. I had pretty much quit cooking. The last couple months, I've had to start again, and I quess my food is healthier than the restaurants. Since I'm right in the heart of one of the Florida hotspots, were still not eating out.

I just signed up for a 2 week free trial of Noom. Have you seen the ads? It's kind of like WW, but all on your phone.

Well, Kathy, I doubt you have much more to lose after dropping 8 pounds, since you were pretty slim when I saw you! But I'm glad you are cooking again - love to read about your meals and try some of your recipes.

Let us know how you like Noom.

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Mille-feuille shabu-shabu ready to cook. Plated wirh sauces of peanut and lime chile soy. Broth and noodles after main.

Attachments

• 2020-07-29 17.54.02.jpg
    2020-07-29 17.54.02.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 2020-07-29 18.11.49.jpg
    2020-07-29 18.11.49.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 201