What are you eating Sunday, 7/19/2020 to Saturday, 7/25/2020?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Found some Scallops in the back if the Freezer.... been there much too long,
but panned up nicely.... a Lefty Veggie Mix of Lima's, Corn, Green Beans & Tomatoes, White Rice with a Teriyaki Drizzle...
..SoS...

Scallops, Veggie Mix.jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Medtran made steamed buns recently and it gave me a hankerin' for them. My version has pork belly, hoisin sauce, daikon and carrot salt pickle, an atypical pickled watermelon rind, cilantro and peanuts. The pork belly is first cooked sous vide, then browned in a skillet. I make the various pickles, but buy the buns. One day, I'll try my hand at making them.

We each build our own toppings at the table.

Attachments

• 20200721_202553.jpg
    20200721_202553.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 20200721_202851.jpg
    20200721_202851.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 100

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Brunch was avocado mash on toasted bagel with freshly made pistachio dukkah.

Attachments

• 2020-07-22 11.34.11.jpg
    2020-07-22 11.34.11.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 93

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Right now I'm planning on what I had planned but did not make.
I've been feeling crummy like allergies or a head cold.
Naturally I had to go get tested again this afternoon.
Just to be on the safe side.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Right now I'm planning on what I had planned but did not make.
I've been feeling crummy like allergies or a head cold.
Naturally I had to go get tested again this afternoon.
Just to be on the safe side.

Hope you feel better real soon.
Does that mean no work until the results come back?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Uppity Pork & Beans !
Pork Loin Chop, Beans, Broccoli Mix from frozen, Roasted Baby Yukons, and the Lettuce thingy...

Pork Loin Chop, Uptown.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Feel better Sass and Peeps.

Bento boxes with chicken rice balls, as well as just chicken with rice with furikake sprinkled over the rice, marinated sweet potatoes, tempura shrimp, pickled veges of carrots, cucumbers, ginger and radish, glass noodle salad, and we were also supposed to have marinated shiitaki mushrooms, but I forgot about them. All the pickled and marinated veges were done 3 days ago. Sauce was Kewpie mayo, sriracha and sesame oil.

Attachments

• 2020-07-22 18.46.55.jpg
    2020-07-22 18.46.55.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 98

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thank you for the well wishes.

Hope you feel better Sass.

Haven’t eaten much since yesterday after I got sick stomach. I had some wonton soup broth and a small amount of mashed potatoes today. I have been mostly drinking water, tea and tomato juice.

I think it’s the excessive heat. I’m hoping they can fix a/c when they come next Wednesday but that never happens. We always wind up having to wait weeks for them to come back with the parts. You would think they would keep a surplus of parts so they can fix things quickly.

Also still waiting for the dryer to be fixed. They canceled this Mondays appointment because repair man called out sick. Set up for next Monday. Not that upset over dryer. Won’t be using it until a/c is fixed. We’re making do with hanging on shower rod. Allergies so no hanging outside.

Embryodad

Finished the chicken soup tonight.
Had Entenmann's fudge cake with two scoops of ice cream for dessert.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Finished the chicken soup tonight.
Had Entenmann's fudge cake with two scoops of ice cream for dessert.

I’m craving homemade chicken soup. To quiet my stomach. I can’t deal with can or Restuarant soup with all the extra, unnecessary crap they add. I just want plain chicken, veggies seasoned with just parsley, salt and pepper over brown rice topped with grated Italian cheeses. But can’t heat the house up. :sad:

Embryodad

I’m craving homemade chicken soup. To quiet my stomach. I can’t deal with can or Restuarant soup with all the extra, unnecessary crap they add. I just want plain chicken, veggies seasoned with just parsley, salt and pepper over brown rice topped with grated Italian cheeses. But can’t heat the house up. :sad:
Yep. Tina made the chicken soup, to clean us out. She said, we've been eating a lot of seeds and corn and things that are not good to eat for diverticulosis.
We were both suffering past few days, but the soup seemed to work.

Embryodad

Thank you for the well wishes.

Hope you feel better Sass.

Haven’t eaten much since yesterday after I got sick stomach. I had some wonton soup broth and a small amount of mashed potatoes today. I have been mostly drinking water, tea and tomato juice.

I think it’s the excessive heat. I’m hoping they can fix a/c when they come next Wednesday but that never happens. We always wind up having to wait weeks for them to come back with the parts. You would think they would keep a surplus of parts so they can fix things quickly.

Also still waiting for the dryer to be fixed. They canceled this Mondays appointment because repair man called out sick. Set up for next Monday. Not that upset over dryer. Won’t be using it until a/c is fixed. We’re making do with hanging on shower rod. Allergies so no hanging outside.
Peeps.... usually the parts in a unit are generic, and they carry them in their van, but electronic control boards that are manufacturer specific, they may not.
Been there; done that. Good Luck

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I think it will be corned beef, cabbage and potatoes done in the Instant Pot for family. Not sure if I'll eat that or just some mashed or grits. I am feeling a bit better.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps.
I think it's post-nasal drip from sleeping in.
In fact, I'm sure of it.
I've been in bed more than I've been up! Lol

I'm happy you're feeling better.
Take cool showers too, if you can stand it.
Fans on too, windows open on the shady side for circulation.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Wow Peeps and Sass-LT too. Sunny California has been
hanging with about 70 degree's. Heat makes me very sick
too- I hope you all can stay cool somehow and get totally better.
Jimmy, I saw you made Shepherds Pie recently. DD and I been
buying a gluten free one from Marie Callender. Tasty, but way to small.
We plan on trying to make a full size one soon.
Beef Roast tonight.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Wow Peeps and Sass-LT too. Sunny California has been
hanging with about 70 degree's. Heat makes me very sick
too- I hope you all can stay cool somehow and get totally better.
Jimmy, I saw you made Shepherds Pie recently. DD and I been
buying a gluten free one from Marie Callender. Tasty, but way to small.
We plan on trying to make a full size one soon.
Beef Roast tonight.

Thank you Dan.

I have a beef eye round roast and a pork roast in freezer. No clue when I’ll be able to make them. Only things roasting are us at the moment.

I had half can of cream of chicken soup for breakfast/lunch. Corned beef is in the IP.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
This is Marie Callender's Kansas City style bbq chicken cornbread pie, steamed green beans
It's spicy!
Looked at the ingredients.
Rochester sauce?

I'm surprised I even had an appetite.
It sure was good.

20200723_161623.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A friend and I went on a ghost-hunting 2-night adventure at a B&B in Waterbury, VT.

Had dinner at a slow-smoked BBQ spot and we each ordered a dinosaur beef rib. Spectacular! Tender as pot roast, but with that low and slow smoke flavor!

Oooo baby! :bounce:

Lee

Attachments

• 21 Pro Pig smoked ribs.JPG
    21 Pro Pig smoked ribs.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 22 Pro Pig, Kathy with rib.JPG
    22 Pro Pig, Kathy with rib.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 113