Fireball Whiskey Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This recipe has been in my files for several years - about as long as there has been a half bottle of Fireball in my freezer.

Finally decided to make them.

I didn't put the Hershey's Kiss in the middle, because ... well, enough was enough. I mean, really - two and a half sticks of browned butter??!!

I could taste the whiskey and the browned butter in the batter (I probably ate 2 cookies worth of batter) and it was delicious.

However, after I baked them, they tasted almost exactly like regular Toll House cookies (without the nuts). A little more cinnamon-y.

Yeah, I'd make them again, because they really are excellent.

I rolled golf-ball sized balls and made 4 dozen. 11 minutes at 350 was perfect.

Lee

Fireball Whiskey Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

http://www.cupcakesfordinner.com/2013/11/25/fireball-whiskey-brown-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Ingredients

• 3 3/4 cups flour
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 cinnamon stick
  • 1 1/4 cup (2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, browned
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup Fireball Whiskey
  • 2 egg
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups Chocolate Chips
  • 24 chocolate melts (optional)
Instructions

1. Brown the butter. Don't know how? This awesome image from pinterest can help. The put the browned butter in the fridge until cooled with 1/2 a cinnamon stick.
  2. In a large bowl whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
  3. When butter is cooled, cream together with the brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth and creamy. Mix in the vanilla extract, then add the eggs and beat well. Finally, mix in the Whiskey.
  4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
  5. Stir in the chocolate chips. Form the dough into balls around a chocolate melt. I made 24 large cookies
  6. Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.
  7. Preheat oven to 350F. Bake for 10-12 minutes (They'll seem a little underdone - that means they're done. Take them out)

Attachments

• Fireball browned butter choc. chip cookies.JPG
    Fireball browned butter choc. chip cookies.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 1,008