I KNEW IT!!!!!!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Study Shows Eating Bacon Will Make You Live Longer

September 30, 2013
bacon.jpg

Science has enriched the lives of bacon-lovers everywhere. A study conducted by researchers at ETH Zurich has concluded that the high levels of Vitamin B3 (known as niacin) in this meat could help you live longer.
To test this, Energy Metabolism Professor Michael Ristow fed roundworms a dose of niacin, discovering that they lived one-tenth longer than those who went without. The vitamin is also rich in the likes of Marmite, paprika, peanuts and sun-dried tomatoes. This is surprisingly contrary to what scientiests believed, because the standard assumption has been that niacin promotes the formation of "free radicals," causing faster aging.

An antioxidant-rich diet has been contradicted by Ristow's findings, which shows that niacin "tricks the body into believing that it is exercising," perfect for any particularly lazy individual.

Next up will be testing the theory on mice, but for now allow me to personally thank science.

Source: Bacon Study

:w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2: :w00t2:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, come on! Bacon tricks the body into believing it's exercising?????

That, and the photo you posted, Mama, may be the best things I've ever seen!!!

LOL!

Lee

Ian M.

Come on, Lee, give the theory a chance! I'd much rather "exercise" by eating a rasher of bacon every day for breakfast than all the pushups anyone ever did! Where's your sense of adventure, girl? I drooled over that picture, Mama!

Ian