What are you Baking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GotGarlic

Re: What are you baking today?

Go ahead and post, suz - pix are nice to have, not a requirement! :wink:

I made my annual leftover-turkey-Havarti-roasted red pepper quiche tonight to have for breakfast for the next few days.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

We made green spritz cookies today....... been baking a little all week but my computer is still not accepting the camera so I feel like I shouldn't bother posting.....
Keep baking and keep telling. That way we know you're not getting in trouble.:brows:

GrantsKat

Im baking bread today finally!!!!!!! If it doesnt turn out good its all Suzis fault:yum: j/k you know I :wub: ya!!

I'll post pics later....maybe:wink:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Biscuits, lots of biscuits. Had a bunch of buttermilk leftover that needed to be used so after soaking some chicken for fried chicken, I decided on biscuits. These are the first two pans, there is another in the oven.

We also went to Sams Club a couple of days ago. They had turkeys on sale for 48 cents a pound. I bought 2. One was 21 lbs. the other 22 lbs. Slow roasted both of them yesterday and divided into dinner sized packages for the freezer.

Attachments

• biscuits1.jpg
    biscuits1.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 124
  • biscuits2.jpg
    biscuits2.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 118
  • biscuits3.jpg
    biscuits3.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 114
  • roastturkey.jpg
    roastturkey.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 122

homecook

Those biscuits look luscious...........the turkey doesn't look bad either!! lol

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Mama, you always make me drool. I see your name coming up and I go grab my bib.:wub:

I made these today for our freezer...

P1020302.jpg

When DD came in and saw that I baked, she requested Honey Whole Wheat bread and rolls, so I made these up for her and DSIL...

P1020303.jpg

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

Fisher and I are baking a bazillion sugar cookies tonight for him to give to people as a special gift from him. We'll be icing them with some outrageous colored icings that Fisher thinks is beautiful! LOL I will post pics later.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

I swear - he chose fluorescent food coloring paste - orange, purple, lime green. He thinks they look beee-yuuu-tiful!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

The cookies are done and we had a blast doing them. Thankfully, the neon food coloring paste wasn't quite as neon as the package, but it still looks like we're having a Dr. Seuss Christmas! Here are pics of some of the cookies and then of me and the neighborhood gang relaxing and Fisher relaxing with his friend after all the baking and decorating.

Attachments

• cookies1.jpg
    cookies1.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 106
  • cookies2.jpg
    cookies2.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 103
  • AransasPassGang.jpg
    AransasPassGang.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Fish&Cyan.jpg
    Fish&Cyan.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 115

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

Can I please have a cookie, Mom? My mouth feels real funny-good when I look at the picture. And some ice cold milk, please?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter

Nice cookies Terry!
Who is the guy in the blue shirt with you at the table, and is that Fisher playing video games with his friend?

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

You just made my day, Joe!

It was messy and the floor was crunchy and sticky by the time we got done, but Fisher proclaimed them to be the best cookies he had ever made. I'm old enough to know that's a Christmas memory you can't buy.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

Nice cookies Terry!
Who is the guy in the blue shirt with you at the table, and is that Fisher playing video games with his friend?
The guy at the table is one of my neighbors, as well as the other 2 in the background. Fisher is the little, shirtless guy playing video games with his friend, who's dad is the tall guy with his back to us in the picture.

I'm so lucky to have wonderful neighbors and friends down here. The house is full every evening with good company and good cheer.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter

You just made my day, Joe!

It was messy and the floor was crunchy and sticky by the time we got done, but Fisher proclaimed them to be the best cookies he had ever made. I'm old enough to know that's a Christmas memory you can't buy.

Terry, your description did not do Fisher's cookies' justice. They turned out beautiful and I love his icing colors!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter

The guy at the table is one of my neighbors, as well as the other 2 in the background. Fisher is the little, shirtless guy playing video games with his friend, who's dad is the tall guy with his back to us in the picture.

I'm so lucky to have wonderful neighbors and friends down here. The house is full every evening with good company and good cheer.
Thanks!
Fisher is such a little cutie patootie!
He reminds me of Ty at that age, only Ty had dark red hair.:wub:
Wonderful pics hun, and thanks again for sharing.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

Terry, your description did not do Fisher's cookies' justice. They turned out beautiful and I love his icing colors!
I'll tell him you said that, Susan. He'll be thrilled to hear someone else praising his cookies. He's very proud of himself.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter

.. another thing, you look so beautiful and relaxed and happy Terry... ;)
You rock!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

He reminds me of Ty at that age, only Ty had dark red hair.:wub:
Awwww, I always wanted a red-haired baby. They are just delicious. But since DH and I both have dark hair and dark eyes and dark skin, there was little chance of that. LOL I remember your little Casey has such beautiful red hair. Is her dad Ty?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter

Awwww, I always wanted a red-haired baby. They are just delicious. But since DH and I both have dark hair and dark eyes and dark skin, there was little chance of that. LOL I remember your little Casey has such beautiful red hair. Is her dad Ty?
Nope, Kasey's Dad is Jeff, but the red is definitely in the lines from both sides.:tongue:
Mom was a red head, several aunts on Daddy's side were red heads, so there was bound to be some red in there. lol

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

.. another thing, you look so beautiful and relaxed and happy Terry... ;)
You rock!
Thank you, Sass! I really am happy. And I hope next year will bring you just as much happiness - you deserve it, hon. You've had a lot of loss in your life for a young woman. I'm hoping there will be no more sorrow for you.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter

Thank you, Sass! I really am happy. And I hope next year will bring you just as much happiness - you deserve it, hon. You've had a lot of loss in your life for a young woman. I'm hoping there will be no more sorrow for you.
I'm going to make the best of it this year.
Thanks darling.

homecook

Oh Terry........Fisher's cookies came out great!!! I love the colors. They remind me of when I used to bake cookies with Heather and Andrew.....and now with the grandkids. Especially when they put half a bottle of sprinkles on each cookie!!!! LOL
I'm glad your having such a great time!

Deelady

I also think the cookies look terrific!!!! They look very modern :) I bet everyone will be thrilled to receive them and gobble them up! They may even be a Christmas staple for you guys now! :D

Love the pics, looks like a great evening with loved ones :)

Deelady

Hey did your frosting harden up afterwards? I'm looking for a TNT icing/glaze for my sugar cookies but I want to be able to stack them later.
:) thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.