Banana Spring Rolls (like PF Chang's)

elw511

Don't know where to post this... figured someone would move this to the right place. :)

Everytime we go to PF Chang, I have to get the Banana Spring Roll dessert. It's so good if you like bananas. I didn't see it here and thought I would post the link to the recipe that is very close to the real thing. Actually it seems better... :) I use spring roll wrappers instead of egg roll wrappers. There is a difference. Spring roll wrappers are thinner and when you fry it up, it is more crisper than egg rolls. If you are interested in using the spring roll wrappers, you would probably need to go to an Asian grocery store. Most places like Walmart, Krogers, etc carries the egg roll wrappers.

Here's the link - http://fashionablyfoodie.blogspot.com/2008/11/banana-spring-rolls-with-coconut-ice.html

You don't have to eat it with ice cream. The bananas are good by itself!! :D

Calicolady

eew, they look good! What do you mean, "You don't have to eat it with the ice cream."? Why bother then? LOL!
Thanks for the post & link, elw.

elw511

Don't know where to post this... figured someone would move this to the right place. :)

Everytime we go to PF Chang, I have to get the Banana Spring Roll dessert. It's so good if you like bananas. I didn't see it here and thought I would post the link to the recipe that is very close to the real thing. Actually it seems better... :) I use spring roll wrappers instead of egg roll wrappers. There is a difference. Spring roll wrappers are thinner and when you fry it up, it is more crisper than egg rolls. If you are interested in using the spring roll wrappers, you would probably need to go to an Asian grocery store. Most places like Walmart, Krogers, etc carries the egg roll wrappers.

Here's the link - http://fashionablyfoodie.blogspot.com/2008/11/banana-spring-rolls-with-coconut-ice.html

You don't have to eat it with ice cream. The bananas are good by itself!! :D

UPDATE -- If you don't have time to deep fry the banana spring rolls you can do the following:
One banana person. Slice the banana 1/2" thick. Put the banana slices into a single layer on a plate. Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture on top of the banana slices. Microwave the banana slices for about 30 seconds at a time until the brown sugar has melted on the banana slices. Put the banana slices into a bowl and a scoop of ice cream. And of course, whipped cream on top. (Fresh whipped cream is good too.. :D )

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good one Emmeline! Sounds good. I like the option of not deep frying the banana. :thumb: :D