Christmas Pinwheels

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Pinwheel fillings can be ANYTHING, and lots of wonderful variations are posted in this Appetizer forum.

This Christmas, I went with my grandfather's favorite, cream cheese and stuffed green olives. I added minced fresh red pepper, and wrapped them in spinach wraps and tomato/basil wraps.

Simple, but pretty for the holiday.

Lee

Attachments

• Cream cheese, olive, red pepper roll-ups.JPG
    Cream cheese, olive, red pepper roll-ups.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 2,364

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Beautiful Lee !! I will have to try these!

My aunt used to do these with white bread loaves she special ordered (white loaves and red and green colored loaves) from the bakery and had sliced long ways. She did the cream cheese and stuffed green olives, tuna salad and egg salad with different add ins like black olives or pickle.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Hey, JoeV! Here's a good idea!

Thanks, Peep!

Lee

Yeah, that would be interesting. Like GREEN bread for St. Patrick's Day and RED for Valentine's day. I wonder if I dyed chicken if a new trend would start for Chicken Cordon BLUE?

ChickenCordonBlue.jpg

Maybe GREEN is not the best color for bread, considering how it looks when it goes bad...:bonk::yum::yum:

GreenBread.jpg

Fun with spiral foods.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Yeah, that would be interesting. Like GREEN bread for St. Patrick's Day and RED for Valentine's day. I wonder if I dyed chicken if a new trend would start for Chicken Cordon BLUE?

Maybe GREEN is not the best color for bread, considering how it looks when it goes bad...:bonk::yum::yum:

GreenBread.jpg

Fun with spiral foods.
The bread wasn't cut in that direction, it was cut long ways and it did look pretty with the pinwheel of filling and colors.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bump.

Next time, I will make a different filling for the each of the colored wraps. Have to stick with the green olive-pimento filling for one, but might put black olives and chopped ham .... or baby shrimp ... in the other.

Lee