Grilled London Broil

GotGarlic

Grilled London Broil

This is a classic recipe that I love. A relatively tough cut of meat is tenderized, marinated, and sliced thinly against the grain to make it tender and delicious.

1 lb. London broil, at least 1 inch thick
1/4 cup Italian dressing (I use Good Seasons Italian Dressing with red-wine vinegar)
salt and pepper to taste

With a sharp paring knife, score steak in a diamond pattern about 1/4 inch thick. Drizzle steak with Italian dressing and rub it well into both sides. Marinate for at least 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.

Heat grill to high. Grill London broil for five minutes on each side for medium-rare, or to desired doneness (more rare is better). Remove to a plate, cover with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain, drizzle with more dressing, and serve.

Attachments

• london-broil.jpg
    london-broil.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 224

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
That looks really good GG! I just saw an episode on that cutting method on Good Eats, cutting against the grain, so nice timing LOL.

chowhound

Alright! Pic in place. I hit refresh a couple times and just couldn't bring it up before, but I knew you must have had one in there.
Looks awesome. I love the nice rare color and the steak's crust.

GotGarlic

Thanks! :smile: Yeah, this is one of those cuts where the more you cook it, the tougher it gets, so rare and against the grain win the race!

High Cheese

Saucier
I actually like this cut of meat. For one, it's cheap as dirt, it's big, it cooks fast, and you can use it for different recipes.

I like mine marinated in red wine, barlic, thyme, etc then topped with bernaise sauce. I just made it about a week or so ago, was fantastic.

I use the leftovers for steak samiches. White bread with mayo, steak and lots of salt and pepper.

GotGarlic

Steak sammiches are good! Another good use for leftovers is to top a green salad :smile:

And btw, we often grill corn with the husk on, after soaking in water, but that just steams the corn. Sometimes, as above, we like the added caramelized flavor of grilling the corn without the husk, directly on the grate. It's yummy that way, too :chef:

Love2"Q"

i love it .. this is one of my favorite things to cook ..
there are a bunch of flavors you can add to it ..
and the left overs are always good ..