too many eggs

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i buy stuff in case i haven't got any in my kitch, basics like milk & that. well, i went into my fridge after being away for awhile to find 4 cartons of eggs. 2 were expired. i have 2 in there now, though. other than the obvious easter eggs i'm ISO pointers on how to use that many eggs besides the obvious ones like poaching & scrambling. maybe souffle, if yins have thoughts, please pass them along. hm, i'm thinkling goat cheese with egg & that is a beginning for a few of them. the others, though.......

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Deviled eggs are always popular with guests and/or people you visit, luvs.

Lee

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
You could make some custard. There are lots of recipes that use eggs. Meatloaf, potato pancakes, pancakes, waffles, salmon croquettes, fried rice, salisbury steak, cornbread, hushpuppies, anything breaded and fried like fish, chicken, pork chops, country fried steak or even battered like onion rings....and then of course, there's egg salad, tuna salad, deviled eggs, pickled eggs, omelets.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanks yins 2! i luv those most of these items. i've a weakness 4 pickled eggs, mama. croquettes make for a great dinner.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
oooo! Pickled eggs! Great idea for all the leftover hard boiled eggs I'm going to have after Easter!!!

Lee

loboloco

Omelets. Baking uses up eggs, depending on the recipes. Pickle them. Easter is coming up, boil the suckers and dye them.

GotGarlic

Making quiche will use up several eggs. I love having quiche for breakfast - I'll warm up a slice each day for a week! :smile:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
luv that one, bucky. my family adores beet eggs so i'll make some to bring along for them.
i'm simmering some now so i can tye-dye them for easter. to prevent fridge condensation from smudging them, i'm food-sealing 1 & if that doesn't crack the shell i'm sealing the rest.
quiche is lovely, gotgarlic, hm....... maybe i could make frozen, undercooked individual quiches & freeze them-
research time!
thanks, there, guys!

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
>>undercooked individual quiches

luvs - not a good idea. cook them to finish. you need to hit 131'F+ to whack salmonella - whether it's there depends on your state of paranoia. . . .

freezing doesn't kill the bugs, and a thaw period provides ample time for the bad bugs to be fruitful and multiply.

I've heard of people freezing eggs whites without use problems; not sure if freezing whole beaten eggs would work similar. ah, got a google....
http://www.ehow.com/how_2075051_freeze-eggs.html
says it works - regrets no personal experience.