CC's Turkey Breast

I love the white meat, & use it for sandwiches etc. This year I bought a 6 1/2 lb (approx) bone-in breast (about $13.88), & decided to do it in the slow cooker.

I defrosted the breast in the fridge for a day, rinsed & patted dry. Added about 1 - 1 1/2 cups white white, a few garlic cloves, & lemon pepper, & squeezed in some fresh lemon juice. Rubbed the breast w/ dry onion mushroom soup mix, & put it in the cooker.

For the first hour I cooked it on high, then turned the heat down to low. Then I added some soy sauce & a dash of paprika (wanted to give it a nice color), & topped the breast w/ thinly sliced lemon.

The breast did have a pop-up timer, but I checked every few hours & ladeled some of the juices over the bird. After about 5 1/2 hours the timer did pop up, so I sliced off a piece & saw it was still a little pink. I continued to cook for about another half hour.

I drained the juices through a colander into a saucepan & plan on defatting. The sauce & breast was delish. Best breast I've ever made/tasted. Willl use the jices as a sauce.

I'm not a big gravy fan, but if you are, you might possibly add some flour to the juices after removing the breast from the cooker to thicken it up.

Note: The breast was already "seasoned" with butter, so I didn't add any butter. It was moist, juicy & delish. Can't wait for the sandwiches & leftover dishes.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Nice sounding recipe and technique. You have my saliva flowing, CC. I wish the guests would hurry and arrive.

Nice sounding recipe and technique. You have my saliva flowing, CC. I wish the guests would hurry and arrive.

It ws hard for me to resist, but it was already 11:00 PM, & I was ready to snooze, & had more dishes to wash. The juices & breast were outstanding. Hope you give it a go. Happy Thanksgiving, Buzz. :)