Saturday Dinner Anyone? 28 March

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Lou and I are trying to get into the city to do a walking tour called Gangs of New York. Hoping the weather holds off..

Tonight is the first official burgers off the grill of the season. Dinner is big swiss burgers topped with sauteed mushrooms and served with baked potatoes.

I think a caesar salad is in order, too.

Chocolate cake with strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.

A trip to the liquor store is in order so cocktail has not been determined. Wine is undetermined at this point, as well.

What are you having?

chowhound

And carmelized onions? mmm
Those are the kind of burgers I don't put anything else on.

I'm thinking of cooking up one of those pork steaks tonight and closely matching Keltin's recipe. And some smashed cauliflower with garlic and chicken stock.

PanchoHambre

Im gonna try the chicken (defrosted) in the slow cooker

Hopeing to get a shredable chicken that I can cover with mole and serve in warm tortillas

Using Jarred Mole sauce we'll see how it turns out.

buckytom

Grill Master
vb!!!! if you happen to be on the upper west side, stop by 524 west 57th!!!!!
i'll be here 'till 4p.

i'l act like a hispanic gang member if that helps.

yoy yo yo mama, let me flip your pancakes, uh? pssswsss... hey homey, whatchoo lookin' at? your mami is fine, papi. that's all i'm sayin'...

ok, well, it's my boy's 5th birthday. we asked him where he wanted to go for dinner, anywhere in joisey or the city, and he said "friendly's" just down the road. it an chain restaurant/ice cream joint owned by hershey's. crappy food, good ice cream toppings.

homecook

Happy Birthday to your son bt!!

Not really sure yet. If Dh goes to play cards I may make eggs benedict or chowhounds' "eggs goldenrod". Dh won't eat either one. If Dh stays home.....I'll come up with something. lol

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
vb!!!! if you happen to be on the upper west side, stop by 524 west 57th!!!!!
i'll be here 'till 4p.

i'l act like a hispanic gang member if that helps.

yoy yo yo mama, let me flip your pancakes, uh? pssswsss... hey homey, whatchoo lookin' at? your mami is fine, papi. that's all i'm sayin'...

ok, well, it's my boy's 5th birthday. we asked him where he wanted to go for dinner, anywhere in joisey or the city, and he said "friendly's" just down the road. it an chain restaurant/ice cream joint owned by hershey's. crappy food, good ice cream toppings.
Happy Birthday to your boy, BT! My kids all loved Friendly's when we lived in MA. Have a wonderful celebration. (Pics would be nice. hint hint)

I'm at the coast and I may just go out for seafood.

Lefty

Yank
No idea at all, I have some steaks I want to use up and the weather was supposed to be high 50s and sunny, its windy and feels like 35 :( I didn't have a plan B.

Mr. Green Jeans

"Wintery mix" in the forecast for South Sound so the grill cover will stay on. Thinking meatloaf with baked beets, smashed potatoes and one of the last jars of green beans from the garden. Guess you'd call it comfort food night.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Tonight we are having my sister in law over for her birthday dinner. So she loves my crab cakes so it will be that with a shrimp cocktail, steamed asparagus, and some roasted potatoes.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight we are having my sister in law over for her birthday dinner. So she loves my crab cakes so it will be that with a shrimp cocktail, steamed asparagus, and some roasted potatoes.

That sounds awesome!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
JoeCD- I want your carb cake recipe.......... seems everything I try at home falls apart on the way to the plate, or else it's too "binding" ...............
OOps! freudian slip-- I said "CARB" cakes LOL

lilylove

Sattie how about some sweet potatoes and stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy and green bean cassarole and bread and apple pie for dessert?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Pizza!
Paul's crust
My sauce
?? for toppings

How bout half what you want on one side, and half what he wants on the other side. Then you don't let each other serve themselves... instead you serve him his slices and he serves you yours!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
You guys should see the short ribs I got at Whole Foods today. I will be braising them for tomorrows dinner.