Need some help from the Grilling Nuts on this board

GrillinFool

OK, it's no secret that I have a grilling website. Actually it's just a blog and a tax shelter for me. I buy things that I would've bought anyway (charcoal, smoke wood, meat, grilling gadgets, etc) and write them off as business expenses. I can keep doing this as long as I show a profit every third year. So I do some marketing of the site.

I've also expanded the site from the grillinfool.com to grillinfools.com. I have brought in my father and cousin for more content. I want to get business cards made with the same flame background as at the top of my blog (I actually stole the background image from the card company and loaded it into the background of that!!).

So the problem is that we may be creative around the grill we are not creative in terms of coming up with some sort of tag line for the cards. I plan on putting the website address at the top and our email addy's at the bottom. But in the middle I need a slogan. We've kicked around a few ideas but are not married to any of them:

Have Grill. Will Chill.

You wanna grill better? Go to this website...

Live to grill. Grill to live

Documenting every step of real people grilling real food.

A couple of idiots with grills and a camera

Real people grilling real food and showing you how it's done

We want to play up the angle that we are just regular guys who like to grill. No fancy photo shoots or exotic ingredients. So far my photostudio is my kitchen counter and my camera is a crappy point and shoot digital camera....

So, I come to guys that are on a forum talking about grilling in the middle of Winter to help a brutha out....

GrillinFool

We're looking more for a descriptive sentence. Not a 3 word catch phrase like Meat my Grill....Something that describes the essence of the site

GrillinFool

"A couple of idiots with grills and a camera"

Sorry. I guess I missed the essence part....

Actually this does capture the essence pretty well!!! But we would like to be a bit more serious than this...

Maybe:

What happens whey you get a couple of Grillin Fools together with a grill, camera and a couple of adult beverages? Grillinfools.com

GrillinFool

GrillinFool - No More!

Actually, I'm expanding to GrillinFools.com. Since the website is actually a blog with the domain name grillinfool.com redirected to it (and masking) it's easy to rename the site without having to redo it. It also allows me to move to a different blog host if I want and no one will know the difference...

GrillinFool

Three Guys, Three Grills, and a bunch of Beer.

I actually talk about more wine than I do beer. I do this for a couple of reasons. First, I drink more wine than i do beer anymore. As I get older, I saw myself on the way to a large beer belly. Never heard of a wine belly for a reason. Also, I think people know more about beer and what they like. Wine can be intimidating. What's good? What sucks? If it's got a screw cap it is garbage. If it costs less than $30/bottle it's crap. (both of which are false).

If you want to see a post that is dedicated specifically to wine along with a bunch of recommendations under $20 click here

:alc:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Just a few off the top of my head:

The thrill of the grill is for all….and we’ll show you how!

Making the best of foods outdoors. We’ll show you how to grill!

Make great food, and make it outdoors. Learn the grilling secrets here!

All outdoors can be your kitchen. Learn the top grilling secrets here!

AllenOK

I don't know if I would use the phrase "thrill of the grill" anywhere. That's the title of a copyrighted cookbook, and the authors and/or publishers might create legal trouble.

GrillinFool

I don't know if I would use the phrase "thrill of the grill" anywhere. That's the title of a copyrighted cookbook, and the authors and/or publishers might create legal trouble.

Really? I didn't realize that. Hmmmm....May have to rethink this. This is going on a business card. And as of right now I'm only ordering a couple hundred.

Thanks for the heads up. I might go with it for the first batch and then change it up once these are gone....

GrillinFool

Well, it looks like I need some more ideas. Gonna go with the thrill of the grill line for the first batch and while this is a very tiny operation I should fly below anyone's radar for the time being, but the innerwebs is actually a small world so I can't stick with this slogan for long....