Christmas and Hanukkah gifts

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Do you buy yourself a gift?

Sometimes I do but most years I don't.

This year I bought myself a gift (to replace a non-stick that has started to peel). I plan to replace my 1 and 2 qt pans as soon as I can.

Cuisinart Contour Stainless 3 qt. Saucepan with Cover

List Price: $70.00

Sale Price: $49.95

Click >> [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CT340E/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CT340E/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details[/ame]

Last edited:
I have everything I need, but I would like to redo the kitchen (& the bathroom), & need some painting & handyman work done. I wasn't sure what I wanted, but here's a general idea of what I would like - except for the backsplash. I fell in love w/ grey & white subway-like glass tiles. The setup is pretty similar to my ktchen.

scan0001.jpg

I try not to buy myself anything this time of year, because if I even mention or point to something when my husband is around, chances are better than excellent that I'll be getting it for Xmas.

This year I wanted some great winter boots - durable but still stylish - & he insisted I order 2 pairs in 2 different sizes so I could be sure to get a pair that fit - to the tune of $400. Whatta guy. (But he will get $200 back when I send back the pair that doesn't fit.) They just arrived, so will have to try them on asap.

I have taken advantage of a few sales + free shipping (I'm a huge sucker for free shipping) on a few items that I know husband doesn't know about. A set of pepper & salt mills & a set of lovely French trays from "One Kings Lane" (I love that site). But that's it.

The only other holiday purchase for us will be caviar for New Year's, which I'll be ordering next week.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i buy stuff, then give it to my Mom to wrap, she gives me the dough in exchange for the stuff i buy, & that way my presents, they're things i'll actually use

so, huh-uh; i pick my gifts, some of them, anyhow; though won't give myself gifts

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have everything I need, but I would like to redo the kitchen (& the bathroom), & need some painting & handyman work done. I wasn't sure what I wanted, but here's a general idea of what I would like - except for the backsplash. I fell in love w/ grey & white subway-like glass tiles. The setup is pretty similar to my ktchen.

View attachment 14548

Love everything in that kitchen except for the backsplash (way too contemporary for me) and the pendant lights might be a little too contemporary for me. Those cabinets that look like furniture with the legs, love them.

I've been thinking about a new backsplash, but that little project will have to wait for a while. I've just about settled on classic white subway tile with some of that skinny tile in black added somehow as an accent.

Dear Santa,
All I want for Christmas is a new vacuum, and I don't want one of those cheap jobs either :mrgreen:.
TYVM

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
that would be a good start point for the kitchen i want... no paint for me i am a natural wood kind of guy... built in deep fryer, 9 burner gas stove built into an island that has a mini fridge/freezer in it, and a double stack oven placed somewhere...thats the start..lol

as far as buying myself anything, nope i never do..heck i have a hard time buying myself anything besides clothes throughout the whole year....lol

Mr. Green Jeans

The kitchen re-do was our Christmas gift to one another. Counter tops, induction range, new sink and disposal. I'll post some pics later today once some daylight appears.