Is this a Good price for a cell service?

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Is it????
unsure.gif
:unsure:

http://www.cellstores.com/specialoff...36aca83ddf888e
progress.gif

chowhound

That's a good price and typical of most plans.
You need to get a coverage map of the areas you will most likely use the phone. And when you get the phone, assuming there is a trial period like most have, plan on doing a little driving around just to see where you do and don't have coverage in your area. My area has a few dead spots that aren't all that far away, and all the carriers seem to have their own dead spot, so it was the lesser of two evils, but at least check out the quality of your phone reception.
And then there's internet service if you want it. If you want internet, check out their plan compared to others.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
That's a good price and typical of most plans.
You need to get a coverage map of the areas you will most likely use the phone. And when you get the phone, assuming there is a trial period like most have, plan on doing a little driving around just to see where you do and don't have coverage in your area. My area has a few dead spots that aren't all that far away, and all the carriers seem to have their own dead spot, so it was the lesser of two evils, but at least check out the quality of your phone reception.
And then there's internet service if you want it. If you want internet, check out their plan compared to others.

Yeah the reason Im getting T-Mobile is Im living in a dead spot for the Sprint network and the phone isnt recieving calls. Important calls are going strait to voice mail!!!!! :huh: Hence the switch.

Regarding services, I dont want a camera phone. I dont text and dont allow others to text me. And I dont want internet on the phone either. No email. No nothing. All I want is a phone to work properly. It amazes me for the folks that dont have jobs, all the crap they have when they have no true purpose using it. Especially kids. Hell if I had a kid they wouldnt even have a cell phone unless they had some type of job and they paid for it from their own earnings.

buckytom

Grill Master
my son already wants his own laptop and cellphone, and he's only 5!!! :shock:

he'll get a very restricted laptop next year when he's 6. but as for a cell phone, he'll have to sneak the girls in the garage door like his old man did. :)

oh, and 40 bucks for 1k minutes is good, sush. i pay 65$ for 2 cell phones and 700 minutes between them through a corporate dealio.

chowhound

I didn't think I would ever want a camera, Sush, but it has come in handy a few times. And it's pretty hard to find a phone without a camera.
I had a missed call the other day. First one iin a long time, so I called to bitch and ask if I missed an update or something. I was told that if there is unusually high call volume on a particular tower, that an incoming call can get scooted right into the voicemail, which is what happened. First time I heard that excuse, but since it hasn't happened in so long, I think I'll believe it.

AllenOK

I pay somewhere between $7 - $10 / month for my pre-paid cell. Coverage ain't the greatest. But then, I can't stand cell phones, and the only reason I have one is that they do prove useful in certain situations.

Camera Phones also have a benefit. Suppose you are in a car accident. Provided your phone didn't get damaged/destroyed or flew out the window in the impact, immediately hop out and start capturing images, especially the other vehicle's tag, in case they run.

I rarely text on my phone. I have found that when I'm out fishing (usually in some hole that's a dead zone), I can get a text message through before I'll actually get a call. I've been trying to convince PeppA that is she calls me and doesn't get an answer when I'm fishing, try a text. I'll reply when I can. Unfortunately it seems like she thinks EVERYTHING is an EMERGENCY that needs MY attention RIGHT THEN AND THERE, so she comes out looking for me.