My week is starting out just great...

Lefty

Yank
We got a call at midnight (you know that its bad news), it was the DW's mom in the hospital again. She is on oxygen for a bunch of problems. They did a cat scan and the results are very bad. It looks like cancer is the cause of the problem. The DW got home around 5am this morning and started a load of laundry and the water outlet tube some how came undone and we had water all over the place. I fix the problem and cleaned up. I am staying home from work to help out and let the DW get some rest. Whats next. :bonk:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
best wishes for your family...

and i never ask that question.."What's nex....?", because life seems to let me know what is next..lol

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I'm very sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and your family.

homecook

Lefty, I'm really sorry to hear that. Prayers going out to you and your family!!

I agree with Bam........don't ask!!

Lefty

Yank
I'm very sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Thanks Rob
Oh Jeeze, Lefty. I am so sorry for your and yours. You're in my thoughts.
Thanks Buzz
Lefty, I'm really sorry to hear that. Prayers going out to you and your family!!

I agree with Bam........don't ask!!
Thanks Barb.

The phone hasn't stopped ringing with concerned relatives and friends trying to get a status. The DW needs some rest. I am turning off the ringer after she is off the phone.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Lefty - Sorry to hear about DW's mom. Thoughts and prayers there.

I have a theory about ALL things that in any way use water. They will all eventually turn into a floor washing machine. I hope that no damage or little damage was done.

+ however many - Don't ask about what is next.

Wishing you a better balance of the day.

Andy

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Thinking of you and your family Lefty and agree don't ask what is next I did, resulting in more bad news every day.

Lefty

Yank
Lefty - Sorry to hear about DW's mom. Thoughts and prayers there.

I have a theory about ALL things that in any way use water. They will all eventually turn into a floor washing machine. I hope that no damage or little damage was done.

+ however many - Don't ask about what is next.

Wishing you a better balance of the day.

Andy

No damage, the people that installed it never taped it down so it was came out. I hit it with about 20 turns of electrical tape and then with about the same turns of duct tape. Good thing is we hadn't washed the towels so at least that part is good. We used them to clean up.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Lefty, unfortunately when life hands you lemons all you can do is make lemonade. I will keep your family in my prayers. You are going to have to be strong for dw's sake. It is not easy dealing with these kinds of health issues. I know, been there, done that. If I can be of any help--just ask. I am good with medical issues.

Lefty

Yank
I hope things improve for you. I'm sorry to hear about your m-i-l.
Thanks Cooksie
Lefty, unfortunately when life hands you lemons all you can do is make lemonade. I will keep your family in my prayers. You are going to have to be strong for dw's sake. It is not easy dealing with these kinds of health issues. I know, been there, done that. If I can be of any help--just ask. I am good with medical issues.

Thank you Susan.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm so sorry to hear this Lefty. My thoughts and prayers are going out to your whole family. It seems as though there are very few families that aren't touched by this dreaded disease nowadays. I will be so glad when they finally come up with a cure.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that Lefty. Good for you for staying home today to help DW with it all. You can only take so many phone calls and then they start to get to you.
Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Biskit

Lefty, Ol' Bud.......I can't add no more to what's been said. Just know that I care and I hope for the best.

Prayers!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
flickeringcandlewithflower.gif

Last edited:

Lefty

Yank
Last edited by a moderator:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oh, Lefty, how awful for your DW and you. I'll say prayers for your MIL and please keep us posted on her condition.

Just to help you keep your hopes up, something similar happened to my mom last year. She has horrible COPD and is on oxygen constantly. Two lesions were found in a routine x-ray and after a subsequent PET scan that showed them getting larger, we were told it was 99% likely lung cancer. But she had a biopsy (which almost killed her) and amazingly, it wasn't cancer. I will pray your MIL gets a miracle, too, Lefty.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sending positive energies to you and your family, Lefty!

I hope things look up for you all soon!

Lee