Harley Parts.

The Tourist

Banned
(Doc, mods, if you feel this is more geared to the car forum or FF, just move it there. But these are free parts, shipping only)

As you know, Black Betty is/was a 2004 Harley Dyna. This year the entire back end was removed for customization and news parts replaced.

I kept the stock cast rear wheel and the stock swing-arm. They are safely boxed.

If you or a friend need or want these parts (your 2004 might have been hit from the rear) you can have the parts for free, shipping only.

If you live in the Madison/Dane County area, come and get them.

This is first come, first served. But it is the time that bikers want to finish their scooters for the spring, and I'd like to help if I can. It also gives you ample time to get stuff chromed or powder coated.

PM me and we'll figure out how to get them to you.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Chico - there aren't enough bikers here I don't think. :confused: I don't know if Doc can move the thread to FF. The NCT mods cannot. Why don't you just repost at FF and either let this thread live a short life and die or we can remove it, your choice.

Buzz

The Tourist

Banned
Chico - there aren't enough bikers here I don't think. :confused: I don't know if Doc can move the thread to FF. The NCT mods cannot. Why don't you just repost at FF and either let this thread live a short life and die or we can remove it, your choice.

Buzz

I understand that. I copied and pasted this in the car forum, but I have taken a leave of absence from FF and cannot post there now.

It seems a shame to store perfectly good parts here when some Dyna might be banged up.

My guess is that Doc might find this post, cut and paste it to FF and then lock it here. No prob. But it's a chance to complete a winter project for someone.

lilylove

It certainly won't cause any problems here...

maybe someone will see it and they'll be able to use it.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I will send a link to my sister. They ride with a Harley chapter in Dallas.

Done. She will forward to her group and maybe it will just branch out from there. Good Luck.

The Tourist

Banned
I hoped it would do good. First PM and the parts go.

Ya' know, just because a guy might cook his own food doesn't mean he doesn't own a bike...

chowhound

Gee, now if I could find someone that rebuilt their Dyna's front end.... someone with an extra frame.....engine......
;^)

The Tourist

Banned
Gee, now if I could find someone that rebuilt their Dyna's front end.... someone with an extra frame.....engine......
;^)

You should have followed me around for the last few years.

First, I pulled out Betty's engine before she even turned over one mile. I took the 88ci top off and installed the 95 incher. I have Screaming Eagle II pipes. (The 203 cams and pushrods were installed after break in miles.)

Betty was then dynamometer tuned after +2,000 careful miles and three synth-oil changes, just to be careful.

Every grey or aluminum cover that was unbolted was discarded. Every new installation is chrome--right down to the nuts, bolts and lockwashers.

The entire handlebar assembly is now chrome.

Then that Sportster front end almost folded up on me when breaking down hill for a yellow light.

The entire front end was replaced with a CVO front fork--right down to the 21 inch wheel, the better headlight and bulb, and a sleeker front fender.

This winter the entire rear end was pulled off. A new chrome swingarm and new bearings was the first mod. Then a new solid chrome wheel. Ryan, my wrench, didn't like the looks of the tire. I replaced the battery while the bike was down for mods.

In other words, we jacked up the gas cap and slid a completely new motorcycle under it.

But, oh, what a bike! The 2004 has no EPA crap. The engine is bigger. It has every CVO part I like, and none of the stuff I don't.

As to your question, yes, you might say the orignal bike was thrown away...

The Tourist

Banned
DSC00252.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Theres not much of a chance of that. However, if you have a scooter of some sort, we should ride this summer.

All my bikes died along with a friend. However I do have a kitchen and a dining room chair waiting for your summertime visit to the north country.

Buzz