What to do with a $20 gift card for Starbucks ?

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
It was a gift from someone annoying that I did a lot of work for. I deserve a treat and I want one too; I don't want to just give it to a kid to drink a few teas after class.

I'm not going to order coffee or food there, ew. I like the coffee I make at work and I hate to eat food that I didn't make myself.

So - has anyone tried their new pods? I might get that. I have plenty of mugs otherwise ...

Anyone? thanks.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
the "one cup" pod machines are fine.

the problem is whether one likes what one can get in a "one cup pod"

"coffee" is likely one of the most personal "like/hate" things on the face of the planet.
try some; if you like it, you're in the gold for $20
if you hate it, cast about for a friend who "likes it"

>>"hate to eat food that I didn't make myself"
well, this is perhaps more "your" problem than "their" problem.
it's the thought that counts; not that it always "works"......

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Before reading the post I was going to suggest giving it to my daughter, she would make good use of it. I've never even been in a Starbucks, so I have no ideas as to what you might like there. Closest I was was in a Krogers (midwest grocery store chain) in Columbus that had a Starbucks bar set up in the store. I totally ignored it but my daughter just had to get something.
Maybe you can trade it or barter the card for something that you would really enjoy. Good luck. And way to go ...doing the good deed for the annoying person.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Did you stand outside a Starbucks? just kidding. I wouldn't do that either. :yum:

J

Jana

There are 'trade in' sites for gift cards that will buy it.

I love starbucks and always have a gift card or two with me.

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
I don't want to only get half the value on a trade in site.

I went to the larger stores a few times and got a fancy instant iced coffee packet and a packet of their fancy coffee in instnat form. Th eK-cups need a special machine which I do not have.

Still have $5 left, I could get a few energy bars with that, I guess.

Not much of a treat from that broker, I have to say ... one time I got a fancy designer purse from a discount place, the other time I got tee shirt linens for our bed. I use those things every single day.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i usually give cards i would not use to family & friends that'll use them. or give them as gifts if an occassion is near. have 2 in my purse & 1 to give. 1 wal-mart & 1 'iggle one.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well not one that is a fan of Starbucks coffee or other products, I would suggest giving it to someone that like their stuff. I had one cup one time and swore I would never buy another since I threw it out after two sips.