Easy Noodles For The Holidays (or anytime) :)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Per batch:
1 c flour
1 t salt
1 egg
hot broth
salt and pepper

1.Combine the flour and salt in a bowl, making a well, then add the egg.
Using one of the shells as a cup, fill with milk then pour over egg and mix well with a fork, working all the flour in well. You may need to add a little more milk and flour to form a nice, soft dough.

2.On a lightly floured surface, roll out thin and let dough dry.

3.Add some flour to the top of the dough and roll up in a jelly roll fashion, then slice and separate noodles carefully, allowing them to dry for an hour or two.

4. Drop them in boiling broth until they start to plump, then lower heat and cook a bit longer.
Salt and pepper to taste.

DSCN8902.JPG

DSCN8903.JPG

DSCN8911.JPG

DSCN8912.JPG

DSCN8916.JPG

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
P.S- bag these up and give to your friends in large zip-lock bags.. they'll love you 4evah!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I think that's exactly the way my mom used to make them, Sass. Thanks for sharing it with us - I'm determined to try this very soon.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Well, there's the proof and encouragement I needed! Been wanting to try my hand at pasta, but I dont have a machine. I know back in the old days they didn't have machines, so it MUST be possible to do this by hand. Thanks Sass! I'm encouraged and set to task now!! Awesome! And you did a great job on the pasta! :clap: :thumb: