Beer Can Chicken....Stew?!?!

GrillinFool

Dad got this idea from his partner. When doing Beer Can or Beer Butt Chicken, why let all that glorious fat go to waste when it can flavor some veggies and make an amazing stew.

A roasting pan, some veggies and taters is all it takes to kick up Beer Can Chicken to a whole new level

20.JPG

22.JPG

Here is the link to the write up of the entire process from start to finish

AllenOK

I've made Posole with the juices from a pulled butt, along with the meat. I actually found it to be a bit bitter. Now, I will say that I haven't tried the above recipe, just relaying my experience.

I have made Chicken Tortilla Soup with smoked, pulled chicken, and just regular chicken stock. MMMMMMM

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I've made Posole with the juices from a pulled butt, along with the meat. I actually found it to be a bit bitter. Now, I will say that I haven't tried the above recipe, just relaying my experience.

I have made Chicken Tortilla Soup with smoked, pulled chicken, and just regular chicken stock. MMMMMMM

i agree with allen here.. i have used the juices to make other dishes and have also found them to be bitter.

but show us differently GF..lol

GrillinFool

i agree with allen here.. i have used the juices to make other dishes and have also found them to be bitter.

but show us differently GF..lol

Did you use the juices from pulled pork as Allen did? There may be a difference between using the pork juices and chicken juices. I have gotten quite a few responses from folks saying they do this all the time and love it...

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Did you use the juices from pulled pork as Allen did? There may be a difference between using the pork juices and chicken juices. I have gotten quite a few responses from folks saying they do this all the time and love it...

i havent tried with chicken thats why i want to see your pictures of the end results..lol