What have you eaten Sun. 7/21/ to Sat. 7/27/2019

Embryodad

I'm thinking of cooking the Sunday tomato Gravy / Sauce.....with sausage, meatballs, and pork cubes. :cooking:
Eggplant Parmesan as a side.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thinking about a cherry icepop.

I feel like going to a diner for breakfast/brunch. A cheese omelet, bacon on the side and a tomato juice sounds good. But I will probably just hide in the a/c for as long as it stays cook.

Embryodad

Well..... my Idea of sausage and meat Sunday gravy, went out the window.

I look on the counter, and there is a turkey breast. Argggggg!
The hottest day, and roasting a turkey breast...??? I'm baking it in the outdoor grill on the unlit side, in a cast iron roaster.

Embryodad

All plans did not play out today.
Tina brought cheese burgers, and baked potatoes from Wendy's, plus salads.
I had corn on the cob, bi-color, and white Silver Queen.
Oh! Boy! ...... I hear more thunder. I hope we don't lose power.

We are spoiled rotten sitting in 73º AC inside, and the girls are all bundled up freezing.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I put this pork roast in EARLY this morning.
Sprinkled with a ranch dressing packet, mixed herbs, a box of Swanson vegetable stock and a large white chopped onion.
It's going to cook low and slow.
I'll add potatoes, carrots and mushrooms later today.
20190722_070314-768x768.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Last night DD#2 and I had dinner at midnight! It was 80F in my house WITH the a/c on.

We had stove top grilled strip steak, mashed taters (DD wanted instant, which are ok on a hot day just microwave) and gravy. No pictures I was half asleep LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Food shopping day. Out of house at 6:15am before it heated up (80F and humid). I hit ShopRite & Trader Joe's.

Hope it rains soon. We got rain & about 4 thunder bolts last night for about 10 minutes. Not as hot but really humid.

Brunch was rotisserie chicken, stuffed grape leaves, feta cheese chunks and peach slices.

lunch_chicken_072219_IMG_6034.JPG

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Peeps, every single time I go food shopping I intend to go to the deli section and get a ready made rotisserie chicken.
Keep forgetting!
Besides, the one I made in the crock was just as good, but I do want a store bought one soon.
Meijer has good ones.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
That's where I went for mine, before the Air Fryer....

Took a Rib Eye out , but just checked; not gonna be ready, so that's moved to tomorrow....

Back to the Drawing Board....

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sass, that Mexican place has an awesome menu! I bet the nachos were terrific!

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Settled for Hot Turkey on White Toast with Mashed & Gravy, Steamed Sprouts, and a Mexican Street Corn, Carried in... Sliced Jersey Tomato..

Turkey & Gravy.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
First run of Homemade Chicken Mei Fun. Was good but needs a little tweaking.

chicken_mei_fun_072219_IMG_6038.JPG

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Beer brined grilled pork chops and a medley of sauteed fresh corn, green and red bell peppers, and onions.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Dinner tonight may very well be bbq pulled pork
sandwiches, or a recipe using pulled pork.
I saw a nice recipe with black beans and corn added, over rice/topped with cheese.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tonight is planned to be strip steak and salad. My steak may be on the side of salad, on the salad or I may just have a steak sandwich with salad on the side. I'll decide later.

Embryodad

Relief from the heat.
Right now, it's 68º out. Actually out front, there is a cool / chilly breeze from the north and west.
I would say sweater weather.

Must use a package of ground beef, so with no clue, I better get to some serious thought to cook it. Sloppy Joes is a good thought. We shall see.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
2 giant soft tacos with seasoned ground beef (cumin, garlic, adobo,Sazon) salad mix because we had no! plain lettuce, and Kraft shredded Mexican cheese blend.

20190723_171242.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Grilled Rib Eye, Nuked Spud w/ Sour Cream (Got home too late for an Oven Spud), Shoestring Beets, Honeyed Carrots....

Rib Eye, Beets, Honeyed Carrots.jpg