Sunday 3/25/2012 Whats Cooking / Plans

Embryodad

It WILL be eggplant parm for Me...I will make separate for DW with her Have to Have meat Sauce.

I guess a Salad too!.... ????? ....

So...What Have Ye in the Works?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DD brought the baby over so we can watch her while she goes to a wedding shower luncheon. DS & his GF are here for their weekly laundry and an afternoon nap.

I have a 5# chicken going in the oven later with celery, carrots & onions, and will have smashed taters, pan gravy, kernel corn and fresh fruit salad as sides. DW picked up cup cakes at the store yesterday, so that's dessert.

Just finished a sammich for lunch, so it's time for a Sunday afternoon nap.

Well, tonight is the Season Premiere of the AMC channel series "Mad Men", which I ADORE. So tonight I'll be enjoying a "Mad Men" style dinner consisting of a nice marinated sirloin steak, accompanied by typical steakhouse creamed spinach, baked potato, & salad. (Since hubby doesn't eat red meat, he'll have the same sides, but with a marinated tuna steak.)

Can't wait!!! :)

Embryodad

DD brought the baby over so we can watch her while she goes to a wedding shower luncheon. DS & his GF are here for their weekly laundry and an afternoon nap.

I have a 5# chicken going in the oven later with celery, carrots & onions, and will have smashed taters, pan gravy, kernel corn and fresh fruit salad as sides. DW picked up cup cakes at the store yesterday, so that's dessert.

Just finished a sammich for lunch, so it's time for a Sunday afternoon nap.
Oh! Joe....Don't forget to tell the baby stories at nap-time.

I used to love that!... I would take the DD to nap, and lay on her little bed (carefully so as not to slip off )...and I would tell her favorite, Jack and the beanstalk. OMG...At naptime after lunch..I would be Brewed up a bit, and tired I think more than the baby! L O L

I would start with Once Upon a Time, and continue, and 1/3 into the story, I would go from Jack and the magic beans, to the horse fell down, and broke his crown ( Nothing to do with the story)..and in slow sleepy breaths...I would struggle to keep up the story so she would nap for me.
Before ya know...I would be snoring away, and DW would have to get the baby because she was wide awake, and bored watching daddy sleep.

In my subconcious, I could remember the baby saying..Daaady ... Daaady...."DONT SLEEP"... Tell bout Jack Beans Daaaady!"

Now I guess I have to wait for GD (19 ) to have her baby (s),,so I could continue..Jack and the Beanstalk story!..

I never get to the part of the giant counting the gold. Now that is MY favorite part of the story, and it never comes true!
The only thing I get to count, is the rigatoni on my dish!

Leni

It's raining today so I am thinking of something that can slowly cook all afternoon. Maybe spaghetti and meat balls.

GotGarlic

We haven't watched "Mad Men" much, but maybe I can get DH to check it out tonight. We're having an appropriate meal :smile: Swedish meatballs over parslied egg noodles with sauteed green beans (well, maybe green beans were cooked to mush in the '60s, but I can't do that to these homegrown beans).

Embryodad

OK!.... We have a Two Part Post Here!

Post #a.

Tina's Eggplant Parm / w / Meat Sauce.

ca0309d8.jpg

4e479be6.jpg

Post # b.

Eggplant Parm that Just was Awarded A Name in our Files and print Recipe's......

........... "lilbopeep's Eggplant Parm".........

Congratulations peep...You are in the Name's Recipe's!

This is the way lilbopeep does a recipe of eggplant, and so it deserves her Forum Name.

600765a3.jpg

c67b8f04.jpg

Perfect texture....NOT wet and mushy...and full of flavor.
This is the way I like Eggplant Parm.
Oh! in a salad or other ways; that's different, but this is a rule of thumb for this dish....in my books!

Ooops! Forgot to mention. Made some rigatoni and a sauce with some sausage. Just a little!

Thank You Peep. ( The Eggplant Queen ).:thankyou:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I love eggplant! Here is dinner as planned. Everyone enjoyed it. I might make chicken pot pies tomorrow with the leftovers.

47bdd080.jpg

Embryodad

I love eggplant! Here is dinner as planned. Everyone enjoyed it. I might make chicken pot pies tomorrow with the leftovers.

47bdd080.jpg
Looks awesome Joe!

Love the carrots like that!....

DIL has been after me to make chicken pot pies for a couple months now!

Actually...the whole family loves them. I eat them too because I make / cook the chicken, and I disect every chunk before adding it to the pies!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thank you Jimmy. I feel very honored. It looks awesome!! Nice and cheesy.

Joe your chicken dinner looks wonderful!!

We had pan fried boneless pork loin chops, microwave steamed broccoli, mashed taters and gravy. No pics of the same old same old. LOL

We haven't watched "Mad Men" much, but maybe I can get DH to check it out tonight. We're having an appropriate meal :smile: Swedish meatballs over parslied egg noodles with sauteed green beans (well, maybe green beans were cooked to mush in the '60s, but I can't do that to these homegrown beans).

I don't watch much mainstream tv, but I do absolutey adore "Mad Men", if for nothing else the constant references to the 60's that I grew up in. The food, the commercials/advertisements, clothes, social mores of the time.

Even though I didn't work in the Manhattan corporate world until 1980, many of the same dictates were still in place, & thus I have a nostalgic fondness for it.

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy. I feel very honored. It looks awesome!! Nice and cheesy.

Joe your chicken dinner looks wonderful!!

We had pan fried boneless pork loin chops, microwave steamed broccoli, mashed taters and gravy. No pics of the same old same old. LOL
You're welcome peep..

I've got two now from the sites I'm on..

"Beth Burgers" ...On another site... and now .. "lilbopeeps Eggplant Parm".. On this site

Last edited: