Monday dinner, 2-9-09????

buckytom

Grill Master
i am making my manhattan clam chowder later on today if the clams are still alive. i left them submerged in a big bowl of water in the kitchen sink. i hope they can hold their breath until i get home in the morning. :bb:

so, what are you cooking today?

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Good grief - you are stating early, only 7:30 here. We are going out for DW's birthday tonight.

buckytom

Grill Master
happy birthday to the little lady, mm. :biggrin:

have a great time. :alc:

someone watchin' the boys, or is it one of those "duct tape under the stairs" nights again...

chowhound

You keep your clams submerged, BT? I keep mine in a bowl in the fridge with a wet paper towel over them.

Anyway, no idea yet what's for dinner tonight.

AllenOK

Weather permitting, I'm going to light the smoker here in a few minutes. I've got two pork butts rubbed and ready to go, as soon as the smoker is hot and producing smoke.

I've got some nutritionally-worthless white buns, potato salad, and coleslaw. YUMMY!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
happy birthday to the little lady, mm. :biggrin:

have a great time. :alc:

someone watchin' the boys, or is it one of those "duct tape under the stairs" nights again...

We all going out. Going to try a new oriental buffet place in town.

Love2"Q"

happy birthday to the mrs. , MM ...
not sure about dinner .. i had to take off work today because of
my stupid neck .. if i wasnt so hard headed i would have made the
decision yesterday and hit the store for something i could smoke since
i am home alone .. and it is really nice outside ..
got to go dig through the freezer ..

lilylove

Cornbeef hash and either fried eggs or scrambled which ever hubby wants when he gets home. Toast too if he wants.

Love2"Q"

decided on bone in chicken breasts ..
dry rubbed then grilled .. and some left over tater salad from
yesterday ..

homecook

I'm thinking chicken fajitas. I've got the chicken defrosting but don't know if I feel like cooking it now. lol I just may have leftover stuffed cabbage and dh can fend for himself.

Barb

AllenOK

Well, the rain came and went quickly. Luckily the "second wave" dried up as it came close. Getting the fire started was fun. NOT!

The butts were smoked for 5 hours. I've wrapped them in foil and they're now in the oven at 250 degrees F. I'll take them out sometime between 5 and 6 pm, pull them, and let the feast begin! They're beginning to smell wonderful. I'm getting hungry!

suziquzie

I didn't know at 5am when I saw this, and I still don't know!
I have lots of eggs getting close to the end, I was thinking quiche or fritata but I don't think they would warm up well for DH as leftovers.
Hmmmmm.

PanchoHambre

I didn't know at 5am when I saw this, and I still don't know!
I have lots of eggs getting close to the end, I was thinking quiche or fritata but I don't think they would warm up well for DH as leftovers.
Hmmmmm.

I find Fritatta and quiche reheat pretty good... even from being frozen

suziquzie

yeah he can eat the frozen steamed buns from last week that the kids hated and pissed me off.....
I better not go there again I still haven't been to the liqour store.

lilylove

I thought of you when I walked by ours today Suzi. I almost bought a bottle of brandy but I didn't know what I'd do with it...so I didn't.

chowhound

I've got a taste for rice with lots of butter. Maybe I'll throw in some peas and corn. I know I'll still be hungry though, so maybe I'll have some leftover ribs with it, too.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
deluxe nachos for lack of better term..lol

tortilla chips with.... ground beef,refried beans,tomatos,cheese,sour cream and green peppers....

MikeStewart

Monday Night= Hot Sandwich Night at my House.

My Daughter has Class until 7:30.

We wait till she gets home and make what ever is in the Cold Cut Drawer.

Mike

Calicolady

Cornbeef hash and either fried eggs or scrambled which ever hubby wants when he gets home. Toast too if he wants.

I love cornbeef hash, but never made it. I only have it when I go to Sunday brunch - once in a blue moon.

I'd do that for dinner.

Have you, or would you be so kind to post a recipe?

heb1976

I'm thinking chicken fajitas. I've got the chicken defrosting but don't know if I feel like cooking it now. lol I just may have leftover stuffed cabbage and dh can fend for himself.

Barb

Don't lie ... you haven't even marinated them yet! And you are the phone with me! :shock:

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Im making CHEEE-KON soup :thumb: I bought fresh vegi's that were wrapped together in the produce aisle. There is some odd pear-like green thing I put in that came with it. No idea what it is.

Attachments

• PICT0575.JPG
    PICT0575.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 91