Sunday Dinner, 2-8-09

chowhound

Anybody eatin' anything they'd call dinner tonight?

I'm going to Q some ABTs and BBs on the WSM. And a fatty.

NU?

:wink:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Pot Roast w/ carrots and potatoes. Home made rolls & a peanut butter pie for dessert. The roast is smelling up the whole house about now. We eat in less than an hour. We have a tradition of a early Sunday dinner. We skip lunch on Sunday so it works out great. TMI ..I know. :hide2: :D

Calicolady

As Bams posted 9,264 posts early this morning, I thought for sure he'd get to this one. LOL! So I waited.
Glad you came through Chowhound.

I feel like chopped spinach with butter, s & p. But haven't decided what to have with it.

PanchoHambre

opps posed in yesterdays... anyway Migas.... going to try to get a recipe out of it to post...

Good luck with the Fattie CH

MikeStewart

It is Sunday.

That means Pasta and Meat Balls around Our Home.

Almost Carved in Stone.

We usually have about 7 to 10 people on Sundays.

Mike

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
My son (still unemployed :sad::sad:) and his girlfriend are coming by. My daughter (also still unemployed:sad::sad::sad:) will be home, too.

Everyone is trying to make healthful eating choices so we're having shrimp fajitas. Homemade guacamole, fat free sour cream and salsa on the side. Also spanish rice.

All told, the fat content per plate should be way below 20% of the RDA.:thumb:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We had a slow cooker sweet & sour pork. Left it cooking while we went to church.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Roast pork, mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, brussel sprouts. Nothing low fat in my diet ever.

Calicolady

L O L! Me neither JoeC except maybe water. Just quantity/lack of is what keeps my fat down. Thank God, mom said I eat like a bird.

suziquzie

It's Sunday. Used to be our family early dinner night.
These days it's Mom is freaking exhausted after working 20 hours in 2 days, Dad's sleeping, here kids, have some popcorn.
:(
I may make bagel pizzas if I have any cheese.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
L O L! Me neither JoeC except maybe water. Just quantity/lack of is what keeps my fat down. Thank God, mom said I eat like a bird.

I don't drink water unless it is mixed with something else even, heard what fish do in it. :smile:

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Beef tips in mushroom gravy over rice. I haven't decided what to make with it...

homecook

Golumpki (stuffed cabbage), mashed taters and kernel corn, also some bread to sop up the gravy.

Barb

lilylove

That sounds good HC!

I guess I'd better figure dinner out since it's 3:30pm.... still have soup... but I bet Paul's getting tired of that... maybe eggs and beef hash?

High Cheese

Saucier
Tonight is a modified version of leftovers.

Last night was panko breaded boneless pork chops under vinigarette dressed green salad.

Tonight is the leftover pork chops, garlic mashed potatoes and a dried herb infused beef stock reduction sauce. The sauce was friggin awesome. :chef:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I had an english muffin and some low fat cottage cheese. I have been incredibly acidic and am not feeling 100%. I have gastric reflux on top of everything else and all the stress of my mom's hospitalization has really gotten to me.

buckytom

Grill Master
take it easy, susan. make sure you keep up your fluid intake, gerd or not, ok? it's easy to get dehydrated in the winter, and that exacerbates everything else.

everyone in my house was feeling under the weather, so we just took it easy today. dw went to get her nails done, and then i went food shopping. we all played a lot of games on the living room floor.

so, out of sheer laziness, we ordered italian takeout. salads with balsamic dressing, spaghetti, chicken picatta, and scungilli fra diavolo.

chowhound

The ABTs, ribs and a couple slices of an Italian fatty.

Attachments

• 2-8-Q.jpg
    2-8-Q.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 140

homecook

Oh good lord!!!!!!!!!! I'm not a breakfast person per se...but I can see sitting down to that plateful!!!! Looking good chow~

Barb

MikeStewart

Supper went well.

It was a very simple meal that we have down pat.

Pasta--Meatballs--Fresh Fruit Salad--Yogurt Topping for the Fruit--Veggie Salad.

It was My Son's Birthday so we did the Cake, Candles and Singing.

Two of my Granddaughters were there but the Youngest--3 weeks old--was not really up to speed on what was happening.

It was a very good evening.

Mike

heb1976

I made spaghetti. And homemade, not Ragu. Mom's recipe!

Oh mom, I was actually able to get the meatballs done in time! Go me!