Dinner Friday 2/6/09

chowhound

Last night I saw a bag of pulled pork in my freezer that the handi-vac bag had given up on, so I plan on making this again tonight.

Attachments

• 1-22-09 mashed potato dinner.jpg
    1-22-09 mashed potato dinner.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 168

buckytom

Grill Master
my little guy has his first martial arts class today. he's really been looking forward to it, so i'm hoping we'll go out and celebrate at a korean bbq joint.

if not, i have a load of hot italian sausage that'll go into sauce with meataballs, or with peppers and onions.

PanchoHambre

my little guy has his first martial arts class today. he's really been looking forward to it, so i'm hoping we'll go out and celebrate at a korean bbq joint.

I love Korean BBQ BT one of the things I really miss from NY had a bunch on 32nd around the corner from work and an excellent one in my neighborhood as well.

Never got around to the DO sausage and potatoes last night so its on the menu for tonight

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Dang... somebody beat me to it!!! Anywho... I think we are going out tonight. Outback I believe. So there you have it!

buckytom

Grill Master
it's the "tgi fridays" or "olive garden" of steakhouses.

not bad, but you can usually do better without much effort.

Lefty

Yank
BT, thanks, I forgot I had hot italian sausage in the icebox. I will make some "Carny Subs" Suasage with sauted peppers and oinions on a sub roll with some good mustard. The term carny sub come from the fact that they sell them at all the carnivals.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Is Outback any good? We have one nearby, but havent heard many good reviews....

You know hun, I have not been there in years. I agree with BT tho that you can probably find something better. Food is decent from what I remember and they have scallops! I have a hard time finding those around here!

Outback has been bombarding us with those damn commercials and I think we finally caved! Let's go Outback tonight...... Lord! Gonna have the song stuck in my head now!

homecook

You know hun, I have not been there in years. I agree with BT tho that you can probably find something better. Food is decent from what I remember and they have scallops! I have a hard time finding those around here!

Outback has been bombarding us with those damn commercials and I think we finally caved! Let's go Outback tonight...... Lord! Gonna have the song stuck in my head now!

How do you think I feel......my ds works there!!! We get alot of freebies, so it's not all bad. lol

Barb

PanchoHambre

Is Outback any good? We have one nearby, but havent heard many good reviews....

I will counter the Anti-Outback... sort of... I like it. Certainly not Smith and Wollensky but also way less$$$ far as chains go it is comfortable, they have a decent amount of menu choices and I have never had a bad meal there. It is not the best restaurant around for sure but its a nice safe bet when you don't feel like adventure. It is a great place to go with non-foodie types

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

I like them, too. Especially the bread and one of the desserts. The rest of the food is definitely OK, the atmosphere is casual and I'm not worried about being too loud or my kid spilling something (OK, me spilling something.)

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm not really anti-outback.

i've had that little, dry rubbed steak they offer a few times. it was good on time, ok another, and my shoes would have tasted better another time.

let's go out back too-nigh-eet...

damn. curse your hide, sattie. now it's stuck in my head.

life will still be there too-mar-oh-oh.

damn.

change of plans fo us. dw's mad at me, so we're not going for korean bbq. maybe sunday.

so, i'm back to salsicia.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for sharing, Jeeks.

Truthfully, you were just looking for an excuse to use that precious emoticon, right? :wink:

Lee

High Cheese

Saucier
Actually, I woke up this morning to the DW yelling "There's water in the coat closet! My jacket is SOAKED!" Said closet is just below one of my 2nd floor bathrooms. After 5 minutes of looking, I found a leak in the tank of the toilet which soaked the floor and the ceiling in the closet.

I had nothing to do tomorrow...was even thinking about getting in the kitchen playing with a new recipe. Nope. I'll be at Lowes buying a new terlit. Then spending probobly a better part of the day installing it. I'm factoring in at least one extra trip to Lowes to buy a replacement flange.

chowhound

You're lucky, Jeeks. I need a "real" plumber to fix my problems. And depending on whether or not the township is going to run sewer past the house this year or next year affects what kind of fix I need. And of course the township isn't sure yet.....
In te meantime I am learning way too much plumbing terminology ;^)

babe

I like them, too. Especially the bread and one of the desserts. The rest of the food is definitely OK, the atmosphere is casual and I'm not worried about being too loud or my kid spilling something (OK, me spilling something.)

i have a recipe for outback bread. pm me if u would like to have it:thumb:

homecook

i'm not really anti-outback.

i've had that little, dry rubbed steak they offer a few times. it was good on time, ok another, and my shoes would have tasted better another time.

let's go out back too-nigh-eet...

My ds brought me a whole bag of that dry rub. Are you talking about the coffee one? I love that stuff. I even put it on pork chops.

Barb