saturday dinner, 7/17

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
haluski & pieogies or a sammich. if i make a sammich, shaved provolone, avacado, multi-grain bread, mayonnaise, pepper, pepporoncini slices.

buckytom

Grill Master
yum, luvs, that sammy sounds really good. interesting mix with the sharp cheese, creamy avocado and mayo, hot peppers, and the hearty bread..

i'm working yet another double shift today. dinner hours at home with my boy for books and bedtime. food at midnight; i've been craving a reuben, so a trip to the diner is in order methinks.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
My sister and her family are visiting from Florida, arriving about 5pm

I'm making Ferdi Po'Boys ( slow braised beef, debris, roasted ham, dressed),
red beans and rice, brioche stuffed with figs and ham, and possibly fried green tomatoes.

Taking a walk down the street to Plum Street for sno-balls later.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Experimental ribs :) - keeping my fingers crossed that these come out better than the last ones

It's cooled down to about 102. :shock: Played around trying to install a wireless printer. That didn't work. New lampshades were delivered. They didn't fit. I have a new roombs/irobot battery & a Brita faucet thingy to install. And... I didn't take anything out for dinner. Had planned on lamb chops w/ mint pesto, don't think throwing them against the wall will get them defrosted. Looks like order in Pizza, & want to try these...

Peach Fuzzies
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1173725

Deelady

I made baked chicken thighs, creamy mushroom rice topped with sauteed mushrooms.

Attachments

• food 285.jpg
    food 285.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 120
  • food 286.jpg
    food 286.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 101

High Cheese

Saucier
Deelady and I had the same mindset.

Cooking for one tonight: Duck breast with Gruyere Risotto and sauteed mushrooms and shallots in a Madeira and thyme sauce.

IMG_8954.jpg

High Cheese

Saucier
Your's is no slouch either! I have a can of cream of mushroom soup I almost added to the risotto. But I thought it might be guilding the lilly. :unsure:

Deelady

yeah that would have been an insult to the poor duck....chicken on the other hand is use to being insulted!! LOL ;)

lilylove

Tooooo tired to cook after driving home from Oregon and then making the lemon cake to take to the BBQ/air show tomorrow so I just thawed out some lamb burgers that I made a while ago.

Meme4251

Man, HC and Dee Lady.....Very nice dinners......Wish you lived here in Tx. LOL...Think it would be too hot and humid for you both......:wink:

Meme4251

VB, do you have your wheels up there so when you can get around at times when some place is too far to walk? I was just curious beings you always mention about walking close to home....Figured you are doing it to just get out and site see and get some exercise.....So happy everything is going well for you and Lou. You both take care and have a great weekend w/your sister and family.....;)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Hawaiian chicken breast, that had Canadian bacon, pineapple, cheese and teriyaki sauce.
Au Gratin potatoes, choice of Caesar or tossed salad, and garlic toast.
The wedding cake was 3 layers with a waterfall and a pool ( just gorgeous!) white, chocolate and lemon. Fabulous wedding, great reception.. awesome DJ too lol

Meme4251

Oh, Sass, did not know you sang...I'm sure you have a wonderful voice and love to hear a tape of one. Do you post any on You Tube, Doc's, or any other on the net? Knowing you go to church, just bet you are also in the church choir. Knowing you are of the Catholic faith, you would be most welcomed to join in on our choir if ever down my way....We have a wonderful one, but they could always use another good voice....Take care my dear, sh:heart:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, Sass, did not know you sang...I'm sure you have a wonderful voice and love to hear a tape of one. Do you post any on You Tube, Doc's, or any other on the net? Knowing you go to church, just bet you are also in the church choir. Knowing you are of the Catholic faith, you would be most welcomed to join in on our choir if ever down my way....We have a wonderful one, but they could always use another good voice....Take care my dear, sh:heart:

Meme, I have been singing since I was old enough to walk. :tongue:
I did in fact post a few files of me singing on Doc's FF forum, but I have no idea if they are still up and running as it were. I loaded them on putfile.. that's been a while ago.
Yes to being in chuch choir off and on throughout my life, in school too.. mostly do it now for my own amusement or when people ask me to sing at functions.
I sang at an Eagles Lodge last year for a community fundraiser for a cancer patient while I was full of cold. Sounded a bit like Rod Stewart meets Bonnie Tyler.. but I did it. :lol:

Meme4251

If you so happen to find those files, please let me know. Also, have no clue where to look in a putfile (kinda slow, computer literate on this end)...LOL! Thanks Sass.............................

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
If you so happen to find those files, please let me know. Also, have no clue where to look in a putfile (kinda slow, computer literate on this end)...LOL! Thanks Sass.............................

I can't remember what thread I posted them in, and I lost them saved to my own music files when the last computer died.
If I can't find them, I'll make more.
Afterall, I am an attention ho and like to draw attention to ALL of my wonderful talents :yum: :rolleyes: <~ there's that roll eyes/sarcasm smiley someone was asking about today..

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Dee and HC, both dishes look beautiful! I'm headed your way for dinner, but I can't choose whose house I'm showing up at! (those damn dangling participles)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
My experimental ribs came out better than the last ones, but I still need to do a few things differently. I think I pulled them out a little too early and may have used too many pecan chips. Still learning.....

SmokedBabyBackRibs.jpg

SmokedBabyBackRibsCut.jpg

And, I need to learn where to cut them :mrgreen: