BOO!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Happy Birthday Leni!

Happiest of Birthdays to you, Leni!

Glad you are going out to a nice place for dinner tonight!

Enjoy!

Lee

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

Hope you have a very Happy Birthday Leni!! Have a wonderful dinner.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter

Happy Birthday Leni- I'll be 65 this year, I really know what you mean
about not feeling old. I can out ski, and still beat my 18 year old daughter
at tennis. ENJOY LENI. Happy birthday

Hello - I'm pretty new here and computer stupid!

As stated, I get totally computer confused and lost on something like a forum and when I answered Lee's suggestion that I introduce myself I kind of got lost and my "intro" ended up on the end of the Spoon Biscuits forum. Sorry about that. As my husband just recently graduated from the Le Cordon Bleu School in Cambridge, MA and is currently interning up here in ski country in New Hampshire that's how we ended up here. I'm a recently grduated law student, myself and while my husband perfects his cooking skills I do my thing in a local law firm, here. I love to cook, especially baking, although I'll probably never be as good as he is. As evidenced by my Spoon Biscuits recipe, I always look for the quiickest and easiest way to do whatever. Incidently, those biscuits take about 15 minutes from start to finish. That's super! I often throw them together right after I first get up in the morning so that we can have them warm with some butter and honey with our coffee before we dash off to work. The dog gets to wash the dishes! :oops:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Re: Hello - I'm pretty new here and computer stupid!

Welcome to NCT Fallon! Congratulations to both of you on your recent graduations and new careers! It sounds like you are going to fit right into our little community just fine :clap:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Fallon, you are doing GREAT!!

Looking forward to sharing recipes with you and your husband!

Lee

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

Glad you found us!

Jim

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Hi Fallon and welcome to our internet cooking forums. I'm glad you found us. :thumb: Don't fret about your computer skills, we are here to help. We can move posts or help you edit the post if time has run out. Just say the word and one of the staff will be there to assist.

Best wishes on your new adventure in New Hampshire ski country. That sounds awesome. Please share some scenery pics when you can. We'll be happy to help if you need help with how to post a pic.

Hello, Doc.....Thank you so much for your kind offer of help. Chances are I'll be taking you up on it often. When we first got our present "beast" I always had to ask my husband how to do things (still do, for the most part) and he's labeled me "hopeless" where the computer is concerned.
Again, thanks for your help.

FM

Hi, again, Doc.....Just as an afterthought, we've actually had precious little snow up here this "winter" with temps averaging in the 40's and 50's a great deal of the time. Most of the snow is coming from the towers - the fake stuff that keeps the ski runs going and the tourists happy....but not us serious snow bunnies! It occurs to me that perhaps Al Gore may have been right after all.....global warming really does exist? :laugh:

FM

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter

Very glad to have you. As Doc said if you need / want help with anything, just ask. We are a friendly / helpful sort.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

welcomebanner-1.gif

welcome-to-the-group.gif

happy-posting-1.gif

Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone from NCT Forums who has taken the time to welcome me so warmly and make me feel so much a part of the group. I'm so delighted to be here and know that in time I'm going to be learning and growing, as well as enjoying contributing. I'll get my husband logged in as soon as I possibly can, too. :wave:

Fallon

chilefarmer

New East Texas Guy.

I have been looking for a good cooking forum, looks like I have found one.
Thanks for having me.
I am a retired Farmer, I love to cook. I enjoy baking, Bar-B-Queing,Just about any meat. I also make sausage, and I love food (all kinds) I am willing share what ever I know or think that I know. But most of all I hope to learn from you. CF:biggrin:

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Re: New East Texas Guy.

Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

Glad you found us!

Jim

Hey, CF.....So glad you're on board with everyone here. You're going to love NCT, just as I do. Don't forget to tell everyone about your amazing company. They'll love it, I know. I haven't been able to sort everyone out quite yet but there are at least two other people here from Texas...you guys should have a lot in common. I just went on board with another forum - The net music forum - too, and this should be fun. I'll be watching for your wonderful bbq recipes and news of goings on in your area of the world....and I hope to have Ian here in the very near future - we're planning to discuss it when he gets home later. Again, welcome to this forum. Having you here, too, makes this twice as much fun for me!

Fallon :clap::clap:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter

Welcome to NCT. We are very glad to have you.

From your nickname, I suspect that your BBQ sause has a "bang" to it. LOL

chilefarmer

Thanks, I am thinking the same thing.I am gonna like it. The husband might also. Looking forward to y'all's recipes. CF

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Welcome Chilefarmer!!!! Awesome! I'm so glad you found us (Thanks to Fallon :clap: :clap: :tiphat:)
From all that you like to cook I know you'll be a big hit here. I'll sure enjoy your posts and insights to the hotter side of life. :D
We have a guy over on our sister forum (Forums Forums.com an off topic forum) who was just asking about quality hot dogs and sausage links. You might be able to add to that discussion if you were inclined to join there too. I think Fallon is already a member over thar. Anyway here is a link to the thread i was talking bout:
http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=54165

Don't forget ... Enjoy and post often here. :thumb:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Welcome Chilefarmer! I totally agree...you are going to fit in here quite well. We've got some perty darn good Q'ers on here. JoeV got together with some of his friends the other day and made his own sausage...I think he's drying it the attic above the garage. QSis made some homemade breakfast sausage the other day that sounded awesome too! Can't wait to hear about some of your cooking and sausage making adventures!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Good job Fallon :clap: :clap: The more the merrier!!!!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Ahhhhhhh, great!!!! Another new member!!! (thanks for bringing him over, Fallon!)

CF, big welcome from me, too! I love smoking and grilling meats, too, as do a bunch of other members!

Check out the Outside Cooking Forum and it's subforums - sounds like you will be able to jump right in!

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24

YAY!!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Welcome to Nct, CF :wave:, it's sooooo good to see new members!

Need to set the record straight - I didn't actually introduce ChiliFarmer to this forum...it was the other way around. Both of us had been looking for a good place to join and he found this one and told me about it. I joined a couple of days ago and was so impressed that I bugged him to join up, too. I'm so very glad that he did...his recipes are out of this world! He'll be a smashing addition to this community! Especially among those of you who are into Barbecueing and smoking things. Oops, that doesn't sound exactly the way I meant it...................................:oops:

Fallon

Hello to any available Administrator or Moderator......Last night I talked my chef husband into joining the cooking forum and this morning he's attempted to register. Since we both use the same email address, the system won't let him in. Now what do we do? Help!

Fallon