Pair Arrested for Eating Iguana!!

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Wonder what their method was :tongue::noevil:

iguanaAP_175x125.jpg

Iguanas - best cooked medium rare

Two people have been arrested for eating an endangered species of iguana in the Bahamas after posting pictures of the grill on Facebook.

Vanessa Starr Palm, 23, of Illinois and Alexander Daniel Rust, 24, of Indiana, were arrested last Monday after pictures of the two having an iguana feast in the islands were posted on the social networking website.
According to police the pictures showed them "catching an iguana, parts of an iguana on a grill, two men eating the iguana pieces, and a man and a woman cleaning what appears to be undersized conch."

The two were arrested on the Fisheries Regulations and the Wild Animal Protection Act.
The photos ended up in the hands of Bahamian authorities, who tracked down the suspects and arrested them, the article said.
The iguanas are protected under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora.
The peckish pair could also fall foul of American federal law that links with the Bahamas.

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/articl...on_Facebook&in_article_id=526701&in_page_id=2

FryBoy

Tastes just like chicken!

Actually, iguana is a common food in much of Central and South America and the Caribbean Islands. CLICKY Indeed, in some areas it's believed to be an aphrodisiac.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Tastes just like chicken!

Actually, iguana is a common food in much of Central and South America and the Caribbean Islands. CLICKY Indeed, in some areas it's believed to be an aphrodisiac.

Can you imagine the first people that discovered that eating a lizard makes you horny? "Hey, this is GREAT lizard! Come here sweetie :wub: ". :yum:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Here is a nice closeup of one of the large (4-5 foot long) iguanas that live in our huge mimosa tree in our yard...when we had workers here remodeling the house, one of them told me about eating iguana. It's very popular in Mexico, probably moreso in the south, Yucatan, Chiapas, etc. And he told me (in Spanish) "tastes like chicken." (sabor similar pollo) I swear it. Almost wet my pants.
322699546_cff67e8b25_m.jpg

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Cute, aren't they. There are a few of them in my neighborhood. Harmless and shy, taste like chicken. Maybe I should set up my trap????

joec

Gold Site Supporter
They taste like gator or turtle (both are reptiles). One of my sons had 2 as a kid that got to be > 4' long when we finally took them to the zoo and donated them. South Florida is crawling with them and the Puerto Rican Gecko which are as large but mean.

Last edited:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Um... OK how dumb was that? Hey, we did something illegal let's post it all over the Internet!!

leolady

Naw. Geckos aren't mean!

They talk and sell insurance and everything! I see one all the time on TV.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Only the home geckos, the others are huge and flat mean. I used to call them let go lizards as you could pick them up but when you tried to put it down it will spin and bite. Oh and they are large enough that when they get you those teeth will flat hurt. I tried to find a picture of them but couldn't by the common name but they are beautifully colored with blues and greens.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Me too. Saw a PBS show once where they were up in the Andes rebuilding rope bridges across gorges. For food they would dig a small hole, throw some potatoes in then wood over it and light the fire. While it was burning down they would roast some Guinea Pigs on spits over the fire. Once it was done they dug out the potatoes and eat.
Actually looked real good!

Calicolady

South Florida is crawling with them and the Puerto Rican Gecko which are as large but mean.
Yes.And pythons let lose too. There's a couple of islands north of here on the news all the time having problems with them. Iguanas and gators that are bold as brass.