What is your favorite Hot Sauce

PanchoHambre

I like a lot of hotsauces and have quite a few on hand but I tend to reach for the basics most of the time

I like Cholua especially
bottle.gif

'
But cant normally find it up here so I usually buy Tapatio

I also am a big fan of Siracha

sriracha.jpg

What's your fav... and if you make your own please post

joec

Gold Site Supporter
It depends on what I'm making and using it with. I do use a lot of Siracha but then I do a lot of Asian dishes. I also like Frank's hot sauce for some things but have maybe 50 different types as I kind of collect the stuff. I also have easy access to most of the known brands at the local Liquor Barn that stocks tons of this stuff. I buy to replace what I used and when I see a new one buy that too.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
It depends on what I'm making and using it with.

Exactly. Frank's for wings, Louisiana for jambalaya, Texas Pete's for chili, Valentina for Mexican food, Tabasco for cocktail sauce...

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i like both those brands, tho i usually just use them on my popcorn or on my corn on the cob when i am in cali or arizona

franks is a staple

but i found a great cheap one that i use to make a base for my wings... its the local kroeger brand.. hot sauce and xx hot sauce

am about to make my own in a little while....wont hi jack your thread with my post..lol

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Exactly. Frank's for wings, Louisiana for jambalaya, Texas Pete's for chili, Valentina for Mexican food, Tabasco for cocktail sauce...

I don't like Louisiana as much as Crystal for anything Cajun. I also have 4 kinds of Tabasco, habanero, Chipotle, jalapeño and the standard stuff and agree on Texas Pete's for chili or if I really want to kick it up a notch I might got with Dave's Insanity but in very small amounts. I prefer fresh ground horse radish in cocktail sauce mixed with chili sauce.

PanchoHambre

oh I forgot this stuff because it is basically illegal contraband

Clancys%20Fancy.jpg

Clancy's Fancy from Michigan.... my roommate used to mail order it and horde it like it was gold... good stuff

added and I saw your thread Bam... awesome let us know how it turns out

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have a bottle of that stuff J. T. I saw it a couple of weeks ago and picked it up, haven't had a chance to use it yet but will.

Deelady

Oh good....I thought I might be stoned if I said Frank's but I see I'm not alone! :D I also sometimes buy Red Roosters.

Wart

Banned
Franks and Louisianan, and Mc.Ilhenny Chipotle and Tabasco. I have 3 or 4 more in the pantry.

I'll use these straight on eggs. If I want more I'll put one of the Tabascos in with some corn or maple syrup, honey, and/or other stuff from the spice shelf.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I have about a dozen different sauces. Pain100% is the latest. All Habs.

when i am done playing with my hot sauce i will send you another bottle..lol

next on the list...same ingredients as b4 but going to add some mango or pear to it

High Cheese

Saucier
when i am done playing with my hot sauce i will send you another bottle..lol

next on the list...same ingredients as b4 but going to add some mango or pear to it

I make my own in the summer using the peppers from my garden. I did a roasted habanero/citrus one last year that turned out pretty good. I call it "Hot as F**K"

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I make my own in the summer using the peppers from my garden. I did a roasted habanero/citrus one last year that turned out pretty good. I call it "Hot as F**K"
:shock:
12.gif
Not sure I could try that one, lol
I watched my husband tricked about a pepper. Was told it was mild and watched as within about 5 seconds, he turned from white to red and sweaty and gasping for breathe!!!! It was then he was told that tiny little pepper was a habenero!! ROFLMAO!!

Locutus

I have at least twenty in my cabinet, but I always come back to four basic sauces.

Tabasco ( regular)
Tabasco (Hababero)
Cholula
Tiger Sauce

Of course, I also use a multitude of spices, powders, mustards, etc. Mostly hot. :chef:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

so you saying you dont want me to send you a free bottle of hot sauce???:biggrin::lol::biggrin:

Calicolady

I have Tiger Sauce, Tabasco, & Cholula. Also Lee Kum Kee Chile Bean Sauce and Wasabi paste and chinese mustard and horseradish.

They are my Twinkie in the fridge-they'll last 100 yrs as I can't do so hot stuff anymore.
Just alittle hot sauce in the pot of chilly.
And I can't give up chinese mustard or horseradish.

buckytom

Grill Master
i keep 4 bottles at home, and the same 4 in my desk at work.

they are tobasco, frank's, sriracha, and louisiana brand.

i made one from garden veggies a few years ago that was very good, but it looked like diarrhea, so i called it "uranus rocket fuel".

orange habs, carrots, onions, herbs, salt, and vinegar, if i remember correctly.